The report description has links like:

Other tasks are in the [report:3 backlog].

Is there a way I can use `$USER` in the description so if I start out
looking at Bob's task list I click through to his backlog? Something like
`[report:3?USER=$USER backlog]`, except I can't get that to work.

Chris

P.S. I should probably mention I'm stuck back in Trac 1.0.1. Some day I'll
have time to upgrade.

Re: Can I use query parameters in report descriptions? [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 8:25:17 AM UTC-8 Chris Nelson wrote:

> I have a Trac report which is a task list. It filters to the user with
>
> WHERE owner = '$USER'
>
> Any user sees their task list with no qualifier but I can link to
> `/trac/report/1?USER=bob` to see Bob's list.
>
> The report description has links like:
>
> Other tasks are in the [report:3 backlog].
>
> Is there a way I can use `$USER` in the description so if I start out
> looking at Bob's task list I click through to his backlog? Something like
> `[report:3?USER=$USER backlog]`, except I can't get that to work.
>
> Chris
>
> P.S. I should probably mention I'm stuck back in Trac 1.0.1. Some day
> I'll have time to upgrade.

It works on 1.0-stable and later, as demonstrated by report 7: My Tickets
https://trac.edgewall.org/demo-1.0/report/7?USER=user1
https://trac.edgewall.org/demo-1.2/report/7?USER=user1

I confirm it doesn't work with Trac 1.0.1 though. That was released in
early 2013, we've done a bit of work on Trac since then :)
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracChangeLog#a1.0.1

Ryan

Re: Re: Can I use query parameters in report descriptions? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 2:21 AM RjOllos <rjollos@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 8:25:17 AM UTC-8 Chris Nelson wrote:
>> I have a Trac report which is a task list. It filters to the user with
>>
>> WHERE owner = '$USER'
>>
>> Any user sees their task list with no qualifier but I can link to `/trac/report/1?USER=bob` to see Bob's list.
>>
>> The report description has links like:
>>
>> Other tasks are in the [report:3 backlog].
>>
>> Is there a way I can use `$USER` in the description so if I start out looking at Bob's task list I click through to his backlog? Something like `[report:3?USER=$USER backlog]`, except I can't get that to work.
>>
>> P.S. I should probably mention I'm stuck back in Trac 1.0.1. Some day I'll have time to upgrade.
>
> It works on 1.0-stable and later, as demonstrated by report 7: My Tickets
> https://trac.edgewall.org/demo-1.0/report/7?USER=user1
> https://trac.edgewall.org/demo-1.2/report/7?USER=user1
>
> I confirm it doesn't work with Trac 1.0.1 though. That was released in early 2013, we've done a bit of work on Trac since then :)
> https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracChangeLog#a1.0.1

I must have patched my 1.0.1, then, because what you show in those
examples works for me, too. But what I want it to be able to *also*
use the `USER` in the report *description* to modify a link to another
report.

Chris
--
Christopher Nelson, PE
Professional Software Engineer

Re: Re: Can I use query parameters in report descriptions? [ In reply to ]
On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 4:10:38 AM UTC-8 Chris Nelson wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 2:21 AM RjOllos <rjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 8:25:17 AM UTC-8 Chris Nelson wrote:
> >> I have a Trac report which is a task list. It filters to the user with
> >>
> >> WHERE owner = '$USER'
> >>
> >> Any user sees their task list with no qualifier but I can link to
> `/trac/report/1?USER=bob` to see Bob's list.
> >>
> >> The report description has links like:
> >>
> >> Other tasks are in the [report:3 backlog].
> >>
> >> Is there a way I can use `$USER` in the description so if I start out
> looking at Bob's task list I click through to his backlog? Something like
> `[report:3?USER=$USER backlog]`, except I can't get that to work.
> >>
> >> P.S. I should probably mention I'm stuck back in Trac 1.0.1. Some day
> I'll have time to upgrade.
> >
> > It works on 1.0-stable and later, as demonstrated by report 7: My
> Tickets
> > https://trac.edgewall.org/demo-1.0/report/7?USER=user1
> > https://trac.edgewall.org/demo-1.2/report/7?USER=user1
> >
> > I confirm it doesn't work with Trac 1.0.1 though. That was released in
> early 2013, we've done a bit of work on Trac since then :)
> > https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracChangeLog#a1.0.1
>
> I must have patched my 1.0.1, then, because what you show in those
> examples works for me, too. But what I want it to be able to *also*
> use the `USER` in the report *description* to modify a link to another
> report.
>
> Chris

Dynamic variables can also be used in the report title and description
(since 1.1.1).

This report demonstrates the use of the automatically set
`USER` dynamic variable, replaced with the username of the
logged in user when executed. The current user is $USER.

=>
Is that what you are looking for?

Let me know if you need some help upgrading. It seems like that would solve
a lot of your needs.

Ryan

Re: Re: Can I use query parameters in report descriptions? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 5:36 PM RjOllos <rjollos@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 4:10:38 AM UTC-8 Chris Nelson wrote:

>> `/trac/report/1?USER=bob` to see Bob's list.

>> looking at Bob's task list I click through to his backlog? Something like
>> `[report:3?USER=$USER backlog]`, except I can't get that to work.

>> I'll have time to upgrade.
>> >
>> > It works on 1.0-stable and later, as demonstrated by report 7: My
>> Tickets
>> > https://trac.edgewall.org/demo-1.0/report/7?USER=user1
>> > https://trac.edgewall.org/demo-1.2/report/7?USER=user1
>> >
>> > I confirm it doesn't work with Trac 1.0.1 though. That was released in
>> early 2013, we've done a bit of work on Trac since then :)
>> > https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracChangeLog#a1.0.1
>>
>> I must have patched my 1.0.1, then, because what you show in those
>> examples works for me, too. But what I want it to be able to *also*
>> use the `USER` in the report *description* to modify a link to another
>> report.
>>
>> Chris
>>

> Dynamic variables can also be used in the report title and description
> (since 1.1.1).

Is that what you are looking for?

Yes, I'm sure it is.

Let me know if you need some help upgrading. It seems like that would solve
> a lot of your needs.

I need time more than I need help. ;-) Help, too, don't get me wrong but
my team and I have a deep backlog and three active projects. I find myself
pitching in with them instead of keeping Trac up. :-( And I have so many
patches and plugins that upgrading is rarely easy.

Thanks, though.