Mailing List Archive

Error: Need to downgrade database_version.
Hello,

I am getting a "Error: Need to downgrade database_version." when the
post-commit hook is ran. The hook is simple and just calls a change set.

I got the error originally in Trac 1.2, then upgraded to 1.4.3 and now
1.5.2. everything works well except the post-commit stuff.

The database_version is 45, I have no idea how it changed (probably some
plugins) and the "initial_database_version" is 41.

*Package Version*
Trac 1.4.3.dev0 (though 1.5.2 is shown in trac-admin, this a bug maybe?)
Babel 2.6.0
Docutils 0.14
Genshi 0.7.1 (with speedups)
Jinja2 2.11.3
mod_python 3.3.1
Pygments 2.3.1
pysqlite 2.6.0
Python 2.7.16 (default, Oct 10 2019, 22:02:15) [GCC 8.3.0]
pytz 2019.1
setuptools 41.6.0
SQLite 3.27.2
Subversion 1.10.4 (r1850624)

*Plugins*
milncheckbox
TracStats <http://github.com/trac-hacks/tracstats> 0.6.1

Re: Error: Need to downgrade database_version. [ In reply to ]
On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 10:46:30 AM UTC-8 will.pe...@gmail.com
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am getting a "Error: Need to downgrade database_version." when the
> post-commit hook is ran. The hook is simple and just calls a change set.
>
> I got the error originally in Trac 1.2, then upgraded to 1.4.3 and now
> 1.5.2. everything works well except the post-commit stuff.
>
> The database_version is 45, I have no idea how it changed (probably some
> plugins) and the "initial_database_version" is 41.
>
> *Package Version*
> Trac 1.4.3.dev0 (though 1.5.2 is shown in trac-admin, this a bug
> maybe?)
> Babel 2.6.0
> Docutils 0.14
> Genshi 0.7.1 (with speedups)
> Jinja2 2.11.3
> mod_python 3.3.1
> Pygments 2.3.1
> pysqlite 2.6.0
> Python 2.7.16 (default, Oct 10 2019, 22:02:15) [GCC 8.3.0]
> pytz 2019.1
> setuptools 41.6.0
> SQLite 3.27.2
> Subversion 1.10.4 (r1850624)
>
> *Plugins*
> milncheckbox
> TracStats <http://github.com/trac-hacks/tracstats> 0.6.1

Trac 1.5.2 required Python 3.5 or later. Trac 1.4.3dev works with Python
2.7.

Your post-commit hook and Trac appear to be running in a Python2
installation. When you call trac-admin you are running in Python3.

Ryan

Re: Error: Need to downgrade database_version. [ In reply to ]
Ryan,

Thanks for the information. I really only upgraded to 1.5.x to see I could
get rid of the database error. Any input on that part?

Re: Error: Need to downgrade database_version. [ In reply to ]
On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 2:41:10 PM UTC-8 will.pe...@gmail.com wrote:

> Ryan,
>
> Thanks for the information. I really only upgraded to 1.5.x to see I could
> get rid of the database error. Any input on that part?
> On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 2:30:47 PM UTC-5 RjOllos wrote:

There have been no database upgrades on 1.5.x. Both 1.4.x and 1.5.x are at
DB version 45. I'm not sure why you are getting that error, but I assume
you have an installation problem and your post-commit hook is executing a
version of the Trac code that is older than 1.4.x (e.g. 1.2.x).

I'd locate the version of trac-admin that was installed in Python 2.7.16,
and check to confirm that it echoes 1.4.3dev. Then, use the full path to
the trac-admin executable in your post-commit hook.

Ryan