Mailing List Archive

Default state for Ticket - Attachments, Change History, Modify Ticket, Add Comment
Hi Everyone,

I'm using Trac 1.4.2 and when I open a ticket the 4 items (Attachments,
Change History, Modify Ticket, Add Comment) are, by default, either open or
closed.

I have a user of one of my 50 odd projects that is asking for different
behaviour (than the default).

Is there a way to specify, on a per project basis, which of these 4 items
will be open (respectively closed) by editing a conf file setting? It would
be nice to be able to say something like

[some section]
ticket attachments default = open
ticket change history default = closed
ticket modify ticket default = closed
ticket add comment default = closed

Kindly,
Aikido Guy

Re: Default state for Ticket - Attachments, Change History, Modify Ticket, Add Comment [ In reply to ]
On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 6:26:51 AM UTC-8 aiki...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm using Trac 1.4.2 and when I open a ticket the 4 items (Attachments,
> Change History, Modify Ticket, Add Comment) are, by default, either open or
> closed.
>
> I have a user of one of my 50 odd projects that is asking for different
> behaviour (than the default).
>
> Is there a way to specify, on a per project basis, which of these 4 items
> will be open (respectively closed) by editing a conf file setting? It would
> be nice to be able to say something like
>
> [some section]
> ticket attachments default = open
> ticket change history default = closed
> ticket modify ticket default = closed
> ticket add comment default = closed
>
> Kindly,
> Aikido Guy

This is another case where the only option at present is to add some
site-specific JavaScript. A plugin could be developed to make the behavior
a user preference. There are some code submissions here:
https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/9807

Ryan

Re: Default state for Ticket - Attachments, Change History, Modify Ticket, Add Comment [ In reply to ]
Thank you! I'm glad to see that there is a work around. I'll give it a try
in the next days...

Kindly,
Aikido Guy