Mailing List Archive

How to use a newer version of jquery in Trac?
Hi Friends,

Our application is still on Trac-1.0.15. We are using a lot of plugins
and they are also old versions. Especially we are using "agilo" plugin.
Below are few of the plugins we use.

agilo-0.9.15 CherryPy-3.2.2 pysugarcrm-1.0.0 soaplib-0.8.2
tzlocal-1.4 xlwt-1.2.0
Babel-1.3 Genshi-0.7 python-dateutil-2.6.1 Trac-1.0.15
xlrd-1.0.0

In this agilo, jquery 1.7.2 is used. We use this file in the header section
of the web page throughout our site. And due to this if we use latest
versions of bootstrap.js, we get an error message that "Bootstrap.js needs
latest version of jquery" in console section of developer tools. But we are
unable to quickly change this jquery 1.7.2 as we have lot of feature
working in this version. If we change many functionalities won't work!

So, we need a way to use latest version of jquery without affecting the
old version of jquery. Clearly, we need to have both files attached but
latest one should be effective. How can we do this? any suggestions are
welcome!

Re: How to use a newer version of jquery in Trac? [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, December 10, 2020 at 10:33:47 PM UTC-8 velava...@gmail.com
wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>
> Our application is still on Trac-1.0.15. We are using a lot of plugins
> and they are also old versions. Especially we are using "agilo" plugin.
> Below are few of the plugins we use.
>
> agilo-0.9.15 CherryPy-3.2.2 pysugarcrm-1.0.0 soaplib-0.8.2
> tzlocal-1.4 xlwt-1.2.0
> Babel-1.3 Genshi-0.7 python-dateutil-2.6.1 Trac-1.0.15
> xlrd-1.0.0
>

> In this agilo, jquery 1.7.2 is used. We use this file in the header
> section of the web page throughout our site. And due to this if we use
> latest versions of bootstrap.js, we get an error message that "Bootstrap.js
> needs latest version of jquery" in console section of developer tools. But
> we are unable to quickly change this jquery 1.7.2 as we have lot of feature
> working in this version. If we change many functionalities won't work!
>
> So, we need a way to use latest version of jquery without affecting
> the old version of jquery. Clearly, we need to have both files attached but
> latest one should be effective. How can we do this? any suggestions are
> welcome!

Is AgiloForTrac no longer developed or available? I get 500 error
for http://www.agilofortrac.com/

Trac uses jQuery noconflict mode, so if Agilo and your plugins do the same,
you may have some options:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1566595/can-i-use-multiple-versions-of-jquery-on-the-same-page

Ryan

Re: How to use a newer version of jquery in Trac? [ In reply to ]
That agilo site worked for me and it redirected
to https://www.agile42.com/en/ .

Yeah I am trying to use no-conflict mode and let me update you how it goes.
Thanks for your response!

Re: How to use a newer version of jquery in Trac? [ In reply to ]
On Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 3:02:35 AM UTC-8 velava...@gmail.com
wrote:

> That agilo site worked for me and it redirected to
> https://www.agile42.com/en/ .

I confirm the URL is now redirecting. However, I don't see any mention of
Agilo For Trac on the site. Do you know if it's still available? I did a
quick search of GitHub and didn't find any repositories.

Ryan