jsmith@gmali.com. I create a new ticket and assign it to user e.g. jsmith .
This is OK but it's not very friendly for other users to see only jsmith I
now that it's possible to provide either SID like jsmith or name like "John
Smith" and TRAC will automatically convert it to 'readable' name or even
provide the option in drop-down to select the name.

I assume it should be plugin that could manage this. Could someone
explain/help how to locate and install plugin to handle names?

Thanks

Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 12:07:06 PM UTC-8 evol...@gmail.com wrote:

> I am completely new in TRAC. I was able to install it on my Windows server
> and the version is 1.4.2
>
> I created a few users using 'session' command. Now I have users with
> parameters like name e.g. "John Smith", SID like jsmith and email like
> jsm...@gmali.com. I create a new ticket and assign it to user e.g. jsmith
> . This is OK but it's not very friendly for other users to see only jsmith
> I now that it's possible to provide either SID like jsmith or name like
> "John Smith" and TRAC will automatically convert it to 'readable' name or
> even provide the option in drop-down to select the name.
>
> I assume it should be plugin that could manage this. Could someone
> explain/help how to locate and install plugin to handle names?
>
> Thanks

It's not necessary to create sessions. They'll be automatically created
when a user authenticates the first time, and the user can then set their
email and name in /prefs. However, you can use the command if you wish to
populate the session data before the user authenticates.

You may want to set the following option to true:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracIni#ticket-restrict_owner-option

Alternatively, here is a plugin that we should integrate into Trac (it
would be a long time coming):
https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AutocompleteUsersPlugin

Ryan

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
On 2020-12-02 4:11 p.m., RjOllos wrote:

> You may want to set the following option to true:
> https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracIni#ticket-restrict_owner-option
>
> Alternatively, here is a plugin that we should integrate into Trac (it
> would be a long time coming):
> https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AutocompleteUsersPlugin

Thanks Ryan, I've enabled both of these as you recommended. (love the
AutocompleteUsersPlugin !!! Agreed that this should be included in core)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
co-founder of FOSS4G

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
Hi Ryan, Jeff

Setting option restrict_owner
<https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracIni#ticket-restrict_owner-option>=true
worked perfectly fine but I want to use autocompletion.

Here’s what I did:

1. pip install TracAutocompleteUsersPlugin
2. Added to trac.ini

[components]

autocompleteusers.* = enabled

[autocomplete]

fields = tester, reviewer

multi_fields = users

Unfortunately ‘autocompletion’ does not work. What I was missing?

Thanks

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 9:26:17 AM UTC-8 evol...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Ryan, Jeff
>
> Setting option restrict_owner
> <https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracIni#ticket-restrict_owner-option>=true
> worked perfectly fine but I want to use autocompletion.
>
> Here’s what I did:
>
> 1. pip install TracAutocompleteUsersPlugin
> 2. Added to trac.ini
>
> [components]
>
> autocompleteusers.* = enabled
>

> [autocomplete]
>
> fields = tester, reviewer
>
> multi_fields = users
>
> Unfortunately ‘autocompletion’ does not work. What I was missing?
>
> Thanks

Which Trac version?

Depending on your web server configuration you may need to redeploy static
assets:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracPlugins#Redeployingstaticresources

For further debugging, please check the logs and browser console:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracTroubleshooting#ChecktheLogs

You should see the JS files fetched by the browser, but that could be a
source of error:
https://trac-hacks.org/browser/autocompleteusersplugin/trunk/autocompleteusers/htdocs/js

Ryan

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
hi Ryan,
Here's what I've got about my package from pip show trac:

Name: Trac

Version: 1.4.2

Home-page: https://trac.edgewall.org/

Author: Edgewall Software

Author-email: trac-dev@googlegroups.com

License: BSD

Location: d:\trac\python27\lib\site-packages

Requires: jinja2, setuptools

Required-by: TracAutocompleteUsersPlugin

--

FYI: I tried to install jinja2 and setuptools but got: Requirement already
satisfied.

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 10:14:31 AM UTC-8 evol...@gmail.com wrote:

> hi Ryan,
> Here's what I've got about my package from pip show trac:
>
> Name: Trac
>
> Version: 1.4.2

> Home-page: https://trac.edgewall.org/
>
> Author: Edgewall Software
>
> Author-email: trac...@googlegroups.com
>
> License: BSD
>
> Location: d:\trac\python27\lib\site-packages
>
> Requires: jinja2, setuptools
>
> Required-by: TracAutocompleteUsersPlugin
>
> --
>
> FYI: I tried to install jinja2 and setuptools but got: Requirement already
> satisfied.

That looks good. TracAutocompleteUsers should work with Trac 1.4.2. Let me
know what the debug steps yield.

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
Well ... I tried to debug and set log to DEBUG level but did not find any
errors.

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 12:02 PM Eliya Voldman <evoldman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well ... I tried to debug and set log to DEBUG level but did not find any
> errors.

I'd look for resource fetching in the browser request via Browser console
next.

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
Hi Eliya,

I used the trunk version (for all my plugins, with 1.4.2), such as:

pip install svn+https://trac-hacks.org/svn/autocompleteusersplugin/trunk

It was then enabled automatically. I didn't have to make any other
changes, after that install command.

-jeff

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 4:31:20 PM UTC-8 jeffm...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Eliya,
>
> I used the trunk version (for all my plugins, with 1.4.2), such as:
>
> pip install svn+
> https://trac-hacks.org/svn/autocompleteusersplugin/trunk
>
> It was then enabled automatically. I didn't have to make any other
> changes, after that install command.
>

> -jeff

Hmmm, well you definitely need to enable the plugin if you install to
site-packages rather than dropping an egg in the env plugins directory. In
the latter case, the plugin would be implicitly enabled, but not installing
to site-packages. If you look at your trac.ini, you must have:

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
Hi Ryan, jeff
Actually I am not 'true' web developer and mostly could only follow
someone's instructions. Thanks for above suggestions.
- Ryan, I do have in trac.ini those lines. I also see in Admin Tab -
Plugins that plugin TracAutocompleteUsersPlugin 0.4.6 is 'Enabled'
Following Ryan recommendation I tried to open/create a ticket and check
Console. When I click on Tab 'Create Ticket' I've got errors in Console.
(see attachments). Are they related to my issue?

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 5:07:05 PM UTC-8 evol...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Ryan, jeff
> Actually I am not 'true' web developer and mostly could only follow
> someone's instructions. Thanks for above suggestions.
> - Ryan, I do have in trac.ini those lines. I also see in Admin Tab -
> Plugins that plugin TracAutocompleteUsersPlugin 0.4.6 is 'Enabled'
> Following Ryan recommendation I tried to open/create a ticket and check
> Console. When I click on Tab 'Create Ticket' I've got errors in Console.
> (see attachments). Are they related to my issue?

The resources aren't available from the webserver. Did you restart the
webserver? If yes, then you may need to redeploy static assets, depending
on your server config. See the link I sent earlier.

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
hi Ryan,
Looks that the next step is to 're-deploy' static assets.
In my case Project is located under D:\Trac\NBDR hence I did the following:

D:\Trac\NBDR>trac-admin . deploy D:\Trac\NBDR

Error: Resources cannot be deployed to a target directory that is equal to
or below the source directory 'd:\trac\NBDR\htdocs'.

Please choose a different target directory and try again.

D:\Trac\NBDR>

Obviously I can't re-deploy at the same location. I want to leave my
Project at the same location as it now.

My question: how could I handle it? Could I deploy e.g. to D:\Temp and then
move back to D:\Trac\NBDR? Could you advice?

Thanks

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
On Friday, December 4, 2020 at 8:20:41 AM UTC-8 evol...@gmail.com wrote:

> hi Ryan,
> Looks that the next step is to 're-deploy' static assets.
> In my case Project is located under D:\Trac\NBDR hence I did the following:
>
> D:\Trac\NBDR>trac-admin . deploy D:\Trac\NBDR
>
> Error: Resources cannot be deployed to a target directory that is equal to
> or below the source directory 'd:\trac\NBDR\htdocs'.

This is a common mistake, which is why that error message was added. If you
deploy to D:\Trac\NBDR, the cgi-bin and htdocs directories will be created:
D:\Trac\NBDR\cgi-bin
D:\Trac\NBDR\htdocs

But there's already a D:\Trac\NBDR\htdocs directory containing the custom
site code, and files are extracted from that location in the deploy
operation, which leads to a recursion error.

Usually, you want to separate out the private and public assets.

D:\Trac\NBDR is the Trac environment. The static assets should be deployed
outside this location, to a location served public. This might be
D:\Trac\public or D:\Trac\www.

$ trac-admin D:\Trac\NBDR deploy D:\Trac\www

and point the webserver Aliases to D:\Trac\www per:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracInstall#cgi-bin

> Please choose a different target directory and try again.
>
> D:\Trac\NBDR>
>
> Obviously I can't re-deploy at the same location. I want to leave my
> Project at the same location as it now.
>
> My question: how could I handle it? Could I deploy e.g. to D:\Temp and
> then move back to D:\Trac\NBDR? Could you advice?

I advise against putting your public resources in D:\Trac\NBDR\htdocs. If
you want to deploy below D:\Trac\NBDR, use D:\Trac\NBDR\www:

$ trac-admin D:\Trac\NBDR deploy D:\Trac\NBDR\www

and point the webserver Aliases to D:\Trac\NBDR\www

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
Hi Ryan,

I already have www directory under Trac\NBDR :

$ ls /d/Trac/NBDR/www/

cgi-bin/ chrome/ htdocs/ web.config

Currently webserver alias points to -> D:\Trac\nbdr\www

You suggested to deploy to D:\Trac\NBDR\www and point the webserver Aliases
to D:\Trac\NBDR\www

I'm affraid it'll cause a conflict because it's already exist.

Could I deploy to existing D:\Trac\nbdr\www like this and don't change
Aliases. It sounds to me like deploying to location which already exist.
Won't it break anything?

Could I run the following:

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 10:14 AM Eliya Voldman <evoldman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> I already have www directory under Trac\NBDR :
>
> $ ls /d/Trac/NBDR/www/
>
> cgi-bin/ chrome/ htdocs/ web.config
>

> Currently webserver alias points to -> D:\Trac\nbdr\www
>
> You suggested to deploy to D:\Trac\NBDR\www and point the webserver
> Aliases to D:\Trac\NBDR\www
>
> I'm affraid it'll cause a conflict because it's already exist.
>
> Could I deploy to existing D:\Trac\nbdr\www like this and don't change
> Aliases. It sounds to me like deploying to location which already exist.
> Won't it break anything?
>
> Could I run the following:
>
> trac-admin D:\Trac\NBDR deploy D:\Trac\NBDR\www

You should be okay to redeloy to "Trac/NBDR/www/". I'd do the following:
* Make a backup copy of the dir.
* Delete cgi-bin and htdocs
* Run deploy

cgi-bin and htdocs will be recreated. What's in the chrome directory? It's
probably not needed. I'm not sure about web.config. You may want to
relocate that file.

Ryan

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
Hi Ryan,

I deleted cgi-bin and htdocs

I ran the script:

D:\Trac\NBDR>trac-admin D:\Trac\NBDR deploy D:\Trac\NBDR\www

Copying resources from:

trac.web.chrome.Chrome

d:\trac\python27\lib\site-packages\trac\htdocs

d:\trac\NBDR\htdocs

autocompleteusers.autocompleteusers.AutocompleteUsers

d:\trac\python27\lib\site-packages\autocompleteusers\htdocs

Creating scripts.

D:\Trac\NBDR>

--

It created new scripts:

$ ls /d/Trac/NBDR/www/htdocs/autocomplete/*

/d/Trac/NBDR/www/htdocs/autocomplete/css:

autocomplete.css indicator.gif

/d/Trac/NBDR/www/htdocs/autocomplete/js:

autocomplete.js autocomplete_perms.js autocomplete_query.js
autocomplete_ticket.js format_item.js

--

I restarted webserver.

It failed to start TRAC with 500.

Then I realized that 'new' cgi-bin miss 2 files:

old: $ls /d/Trac/NBDR/www/cgi-bin/

trac.cgi* trac.fcgi* trac.wsgi* trac_wsgi.py* trac_wsgi.pyc

new: $ls /d/Trac/NBDR/www/cgi-bin/

trac.cgi* trac.fcgi* trac.wsgi*

Hence I copied those 2 files and was able to start TRAC.

trac.ini has these blocks:

[components]

autocompleteusers.* = enabled

[autocomplete]

fields = tester, reviewer

multi_fields = users

--

I tried to create a new ticket. I used Cc field to check but it still does
not autocomplete users

What else could be wrong?

Thanks

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
On Friday, December 4, 2020 at 4:19:55 PM UTC-8 evol...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> I deleted cgi-bin and htdocs
>
> I ran the script:
>
> D:\Trac\NBDR>trac-admin D:\Trac\NBDR deploy D:\Trac\NBDR\www
>
> Copying resources from:
>
> trac.web.chrome.Chrome
>
> d:\trac\python27\lib\site-packages\trac\htdocs
>
> d:\trac\NBDR\htdocs
>
> autocompleteusers.autocompleteusers.AutocompleteUsers
>
> d:\trac\python27\lib\site-packages\autocompleteusers\htdocs
>
> Creating scripts.
>

> D:\Trac\NBDR>
>
> --
>
> It created new scripts:
>
> $ ls /d/Trac/NBDR/www/htdocs/autocomplete/*
>
> /d/Trac/NBDR/www/htdocs/autocomplete/css:
>
> autocomplete.css indicator.gif
>

> /d/Trac/NBDR/www/htdocs/autocomplete/js:
>
> autocomplete.js autocomplete_perms.js autocomplete_query.js
> autocomplete_ticket.js format_item.js
>
> --
>
> I restarted webserver.
>
> It failed to start TRAC with 500.
>
> Then I realized that 'new' cgi-bin miss 2 files:
>
> old: $ls /d/Trac/NBDR/www/cgi-bin/
>
> trac.cgi* trac.fcgi* trac.wsgi* trac_wsgi.py* trac_wsgi.pyc
>
> new: $ls /d/Trac/NBDR/www/cgi-bin/
>
> trac.cgi* trac.fcgi* trac.wsgi*
>
> Hence I copied those 2 files and was able to start TRAC.

The pyc file is created automatically by the Python interpretter.

For trac_wsgi.py, I'd recommend locating it somewhere other than cgi-bin.
Or, write a deploy script that delete www, runs deploy, and then copies
$env/trac_wsgi.py to $www/cgi-bi

You'll need to redeploy every time you upgrade Trac and when installing or
upgrading most plugins (any plugins that have static assets: JS, CC,
Images).

> trac.ini has these blocks:
>
> [components]
>
> autocompleteusers.* = enabled
>

> [autocomplete]
>
> fields = tester, reviewer
>
> multi_fields = users
>
> --
>
> I tried to create a new ticket. I used Cc field to check but it still does
> not autocomplete users
>
> What else could be wrong?
>
> Thanks

You've disabled [ticket] restrict_owner,
correct?: https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracIni#ticket-restrict_owner-option

The reporter (if available), CC and owner field (in the ticket workflow
controls) should be autocompleted. The [autocomplete] section isn't needed
unless you have additional fields that you'd like to autocomplete.

Make sure to do a hard-refresh of your browser and then retest. How to do
so is described in the box here:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracUpgrade#a6.Refreshstaticresources

Check the console again for errors if the issue persists.

Ryan

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
Hi Ryan,
Finally I was able to implement 'autocompleteusers' option.
The trick was to copy 'autocomplete' directory from cgi-bin to chrome
directory
Now both 'autocomplete' and 'drop-down' works fine

Highly appreciate your help

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 6:20 PM Eliya Voldman <evoldman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
> Finally I was able to implement 'autocompleteusers' option.
> The trick was to copy 'autocomplete' directory from cgi-bin to chrome
> directory
> Now both 'autocomplete' and 'drop-down' works fine
>
> Highly appreciate your help

autocomplete in cgi-bin? Are you sure? Hopefully the directory is named
"autocompleteusers" and is not found in cgi-bin after deployment.

Here is an example:

$ trac-admin ../tracenvs/proj-1.4 deploy www
Copying resources from:
trac.web.chrome.Chrome

/Users/rjollos/.pyenv/versions/trac-2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Trac-1.4.2-py2.7.egg/trac/htdocs
/Users/rjollos/Documents/Workspace/trac-dev/tracenvs/proj-1.4/htdocs
autocompleteusers.autocompleteusers.AutocompleteUsers

/Users/rjollos/.pyenv/versions/trac-2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/TracAutocompleteUsersPlugin-1.0.dev0-py2.7.egg/autocompleteusers/htdocs
Creating scripts.

$ find www/htdocs/autocompleteusers/
www/htdocs/autocompleteusers/
www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//css
www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//css/autocomplete.css
www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//css/indicator.gif
www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//js
www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//js/autocomplete_ticket.js
www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//js/autocomplete.js
www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//js/format_item.js
www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//js/autocomplete_query.js
www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//js/autocomplete_perms.js

It works for me.

What are your Alias directives in the Apache config?

Ryan

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
On Friday, December 4, 2020 at 6:45:56 PM UTC-8 RjOllos wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 6:20 PM Eliya Voldman <evol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ryan,
>> Finally I was able to implement 'autocompleteusers' option.
>> The trick was to copy 'autocomplete' directory from cgi-bin to chrome
>> directory
>> Now both 'autocomplete' and 'drop-down' works fine
>>
>> Highly appreciate your help
>>

> autocomplete in cgi-bin? Are you sure? Hopefully the directory is named
> "autocompleteusers" and is not found in cgi-bin after deployment.
>
> Here is an example:
>
> $ trac-admin ../tracenvs/proj-1.4 deploy www
> Copying resources from:
> trac.web.chrome.Chrome
>
> /Users/rjollos/.pyenv/versions/trac-2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Trac-1.4.2-py2.7.egg/trac/htdocs
> /Users/rjollos/Documents/Workspace/trac-dev/tracenvs/proj-1.4/htdocs
> autocompleteusers.autocompleteusers.AutocompleteUsers
>
> /Users/rjollos/.pyenv/versions/trac-2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/TracAutocompleteUsersPlugin-1.0.dev0-py2.7.egg/autocompleteusers/htdocs
> Creating scripts.
>
> $ find www/htdocs/autocompleteusers/
> www/htdocs/autocompleteusers/
> www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//css
> www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//css/autocomplete.css
> www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//css/indicator.gif
> www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//js
> www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//js/autocomplete_ticket.js
> www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//js/autocomplete.js
> www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//js/format_item.js
> www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//js/autocomplete_query.js
> www/htdocs/autocompleteusers//js/autocomplete_perms.js
>
> It works for me.
>
> What are your Alias directives in the Apache config?
>
> Ryan

Another possibility, your Alias is too specific. Currently, we recommend:

Alias /trac/chrome D:\Trac\NBDR\www\htdocs

See:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracInstall#MappingStaticResources

In the past our documentation defined more specific aliases:

Alias /trac/chrome/common D:\Trac\NBDR\www\htdocs\common
Alias /trac/chrome/site D:\Trac\NBDR\www\htdocs\site

See:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/0.12/TracInstall#MappingStaticResources

However, there's no real advantage to the latter and it can cause problems
like the one you are experiencing. Adding TracAutocompleteUsers plugin adds
the path:
D:\Trac\NBDR\www\htdocs\autocompleteusers
which wouldn't be picked up by the latter set of aliases. An additional
alias would be needed.

We had a long discussion about that on trac-dev a few years back.

Ryan

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
Sorry, it was my typo about 'autocomplete' in cgi-bin above

I don't have autocompleteusers directory or file under $env. I have only
autocomplete

$ ls www/chrome/ www/htdocs/

www/chrome/:

autocomplete/ common/ site/ web.config

www/htdocs/:

autocomplete/ common/ site/

We are not using Apache but IIS and the path is D:\Trac\nbdr\www

Thanks again, it wasn't easy but I am happy now that with your help I
completed the task

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 7:41 PM Eliya Voldman <evoldman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, it was my typo about 'autocomplete' in cgi-bin above
>
> I don't have autocompleteusers directory or file under $env.

You shouldn't. I didn't suggest it should be the case.

> I have only autocomplete
>
> $ ls www/chrome/ www/htdocs/
>
> www/chrome/:
>
> autocomplete/ common/ site/ web.config
>

> www/htdocs/:
>
> autocomplete/ common/ site/
>

> We are not using Apache but IIS and the path is D:\Trac\nbdr\www
>
> Thanks again, it wasn't easy but I am happy now that with your help I
> completed the task

Okay, so you had to copy www/htdocs/autocomplete to
www/chrome/autocomplete? I think this is due to your Alias configuration.
The manual copy operation shouldn't be needed.

I don't know how IIS configures Aliases, but there is probably something
similar.

Re: Re: How to handle usernames in TRAC [ In reply to ]
On Friday, December 4, 2020 at 7:44:54 PM UTC-8 RjOllos wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 7:41 PM Eliya Voldman <evol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, it was my typo about 'autocomplete' in cgi-bin above
>>
>> I don't have autocompleteusers directory or file under $env.
>>
> You shouldn't. I didn't suggest it should be the case.
>

>> I have only autocomplete
>>
>> $ ls www/chrome/ www/htdocs/
>>
>> www/chrome/:
>>
>> autocomplete/ common/ site/ web.config
>>

>> www/htdocs/:
>>
>> autocomplete/ common/ site/
>>

>> We are not using Apache but IIS and the path is D:\Trac\nbdr\www
>>
>> Thanks again, it wasn't easy but I am happy now that with your help I
>> completed the task
>>

> Okay, so you had to copy www/htdocs/autocomplete to
> www/chrome/autocomplete? I think this is due to your Alias configuration.
> The manual copy operation shouldn't be needed.
>
> I don't know how IIS configures Aliases, but there is probably something
> similar.

The reason I'm suggesting to get to the bottom of this, and make it works
without the manual directory copy, is that I think there's something off or
not fully understood with your configuration, and you may run into problems
later if you upgrade Trac. Anyway, just keep in mind in case you have
trouble later.