Mailing List Archive

missing owner controls
I recently installed v1.2.2-2 and copied a backup from v 1.0.13-0.
Everything worked perfectly under the older version. The owner dropdown on
the bottom of the ticket as well as the reassign option under the action
section of the ticket are missing. The dropdown is restricted to users in
my department. Unfortunately I kept getting errors trying to attach my
trac.ini so a sanitized version it is pasted below.
Can you help me get them back please.

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

[account-manager]
allow_delete_account = disabled
force_passwd_change = disabled
htpasswd_file = e:\trac\Helpdesk\conf\helpdesk.htpasswd
htpasswd_hash_type = md5
login_attempt_max = 0
password_store = HtPasswdStore
persistent_sessions = disabled
#user_lock_max_time = 86400
verify_email = disabled

[attachment]
max_size = 40485999
render_unsafe_content = disabled

[blackmagic]
cc.hide = false
keywords.hide = true
owner.hide = false
reporter.hide = true
summary.label = Application (Outlook, ICS, etc.)
tweaks =
type.hide = true

[browser]
color_scale = enabled
downloadable_paths = /trunk,/branches/*,/tags/*
hide_properties = svk:merge
intermediate_color =
intermediate_point =
newest_color = (255, 136, 136)
oldest_color = (136, 136, 255)
oneliner_properties = trac:summary
render_unsafe_content = disabled
wiki_properties = trac:description

[changeset]
max_diff_bytes = 10000000
max_diff_files = 0
wiki_format_messages = enabled

[components]
acct_mgr.accountguard = disabled
acct_mgr.admin.* = enabled
acct_mgr.admin.useradminpanel = enabled
acct_mgr.api.* = enabled
acct_mgr.api.accountmanager = enabled
acct_mgr.db.sessionstore = disabled
acct_mgr.htfile.htdigeststore = disabled
acct_mgr.htfile.htpasswdstore = enabled
acct_mgr.http.* = disabled
acct_mgr.notification.* = enabled
acct_mgr.notification.accountchangelistener = enabled
acct_mgr.pwhash.* = enabled
acct_mgr.pwhash.htdigesthashmethod = enabled
acct_mgr.register.* = disabled
acct_mgr.register.basiccheck = enabled
acct_mgr.register.bottrapcheck = enabled
acct_mgr.register.emailcheck = enabled
acct_mgr.register.regexpcheck = enabled
acct_mgr.register.registrationmodule = disabled
acct_mgr.register.usernamepermcheck = enabled
acct_mgr.svnserve.svnservepasswordstore = disabled
acct_mgr.web_ui.* = enabled
acct_mgr.web_ui.accountmodule = disabled
acct_mgr.web_ui.loginmodule = enabled
acct_mgr.web_ui.registrationmodule = disabled
acct_mgr.web_ui.resetpwstore = disabled
advancedworkflow.* = disabled
advancedworkflow.controller.ticketworkflowopownercomponent = enabled
advancedworkflow.controller.ticketworkflowopownerfield = enabled
advancedworkflow.controller.ticketworkflowopownerprevious = disabled
advancedworkflow.controller.ticketworkflowopownerreporter = disabled
advancedworkflow.controller.ticketworkflowopresetmilestone = disabled
advancedworkflow.controller.ticketworkflowoprunexternal = disabled
advancedworkflow.controller.ticketworkflowopstatusprevious = disabled
advancedworkflow.controller.ticketworkflowoptriage = disabled
advancedworkflow.controller.ticketworkflowopxref = disabled
attachment_policy.attachmentdeletepolicy = disabled
attachmentpolicy.attachment_policy.attachmentdeletepolicy = enabled
blackmagic.blackmagictickettweaks = enabled
graphviz.* = enabled
iticketmanipulator.* = enabled
screenshotpaste.api.screenshotpastesystem = disabled
screenshotpaste.attachment.screenshotpasteattachmentmodifier = disabled
screenshotpaste.web_ui.screenshotpastetemplateprovider = disabled
ticketdelete.* = enabled
ticketdelete.web_ui.* = enabled
tickettemplate.* = disabled
tickettemplate.ttadmin.tickettemplatemodule = disabled
ticketvalidator.ticketsvalidator = disabled
trac.db.mysql_backend.mysqlconnector = disabled
trac.db.postgres_backend.postgresqlconnector = disabled
trac.db.sqlite_backend.sqliteconnector = enabled
trac.versioncontrol.* = disabled
trac.versioncontrol.web_ui.browser.browsermodule = disabled
trac.versioncontrol.web_ui.log.logmodule = enabled
trac.web.auth.loginmodule = disabled
tracextlinksnewwindow.* = enabled
tracopt.ticket.clone.ticketclonebutton = enabled
tracworkflowadmin.web_ui.tracworkflowadminmodule = enabled
wanted_pages.* = enabled

[gitweb-repositories]
projects_base =
projects_list =
projects_url =
sync_per_request =

[graphviz]
cache_dir = E:\Graphviz2.38
cmd_path = E:\Graphviz2.38\bin
default_graph_fontname = "Tahoma"
default_graph_fontsize = 8
png_antialias = disabled

[header_logo]
alt =
height = 57
link =
src = site/logo.jpg
width = 324

[logging]
log_file = trac.log
log_level = DEBUG
log_type = file

[mainnav]
newticket.order = 3.0
search.order = 4.0
tickets.href =
tickets.order = 2.0
wiki.label = Home
wiki.order = 1.0

[metanav]
about.order = 4.0
help.order = 3.0
login.order = 1.0
logout.order = 2.0
prefs = disabled

[mimeviewer]
enscript_modes = text/x-dylan:dylan:4
enscript_path = enscript
max_preview_size = 262144
mime_map = text/x-dylan:dylan,text/x-idl:ice,text/x-ada:ads:adb
mime_map_patterns = text/plain:README|INSTALL|COPYING.*
php_path = php
tab_width = 8
treat_as_binary =
application/octet-stream,application/pdf,application/postscript,application/msword,application/rtf

[notification]
always_notify_* = true
mime_encoding = base64
never_notify_self = true
smtp_always_bcc =
smtp_always_cc =
smtp_default_domain =
smtp_enabled = enabled
smtp_from =
smtp_password =
smtp_port = 25
smtp_replyto =
smtp_server =
smtp_subject_prefix = __default__
smtp_user =
use_public_cc = disabled
use_short_addr = disabled
use_tls = disabled

[notification-subscriber]
always_notify_cc = CarbonCopySubscriber
always_notify_owner = TicketOwnerSubscriber
always_notify_previous_updater = TicketPreviousUpdatersSubscriber
always_notify_reporter = TicketReporterSubscriber
always_notify_updater = TicketUpdaterSubscriber

[project]
descr =
footer =
icon = common/trac.ico
name =
url =

[search]
min_query_length = 3

[svn]
authz_file =
authz_module_name =

[ticket]
default_component = Helpdesk
default_description =
default_milestone =
default_owner =
default_priority = 9
default_reporter =
default_resolution =
default_type =
default_version =
restrict_owner = enabled
workflow = ConfigurableTicketWorkflow

[ticket-custom]
bus_priority = select
bus_priority.label = Bus Priority
bus_priority.options = |1|2|3|4|5
bus_priority.order = 8
bus_priority.value = 5
days_work = text
days_work.label = Days Work
days_work.order = 2
eststart_date = text
eststart_date.label = Est Start Date
eststart_date.order = 3
expect_complete = text
expect_complete.label = Closed Date
expect_complete.order = 5
ics.build.order = 6
ics_build = text
ics_build.label = ICS Build
start_date = text
start_date.label = Start Date
start_date.order = 4

[ticket-workflow]
accept = new,accepted -> assigned
accept.permissions = TICKET_MODIFY
create = <none> -> new
create.default = 1
create_and_assign = <none> -> assigned
create_and_assign.label = assign
create_and_assign.permissions = TICKET_MODIFY
leave = * -> *
leave.default = 1
leave.operations = leave_status
reassign = new,assigned,reopened -> new
reassign.operations = set_owner
reassign.permissions = TICKET_MODIFY
reopen = closed -> reopened
reopen.operations = del_resolution
reopen.permissions = TICKET_CREATE
resolve = new,assigned,reopened -> closed
resolve.operations = set_resolution
resolve.permissions = TICKET_MODIFY

[tickettemplate]
enable_custom = true
field_list = Summary, description, owner

[timeline]
changeset_long_messages = disabled
changeset_show_files = 0
default_daysback = 30
ticket_show_details = disabled

[trac]
auto_preview_timeout = 2.0
auto_reload = enabled
base_url =
check_auth_ip = disabled
database = sqlite:db/trac.db
default_charset = iso-8859-15
default_date_format =
default_dateinfo_format = relative
default_handler = WikiModule
default_language = en_US
default_timezone =
htdocs_location =
ignore_auth_case = disabled
permission_policies =
AttachmentDeletePolicy,DefaultPermissionPolicy,LegacyAttachmentPolicy
permission_store = DefaultPermissionStore
timeout = 20

[versioncontrol]
default_repository_type = svn

[wiki]
ignore_missing_pages = disabled
safe_schemes = csv,file,ftp,http,https
split_page_names = disabled

Re: missing owner controls [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 6:25:12 AM UTC-8 ofree...@gmail.com
wrote:

> I recently installed v1.2.2-2 and copied a backup from v 1.0.13-0.
> Everything worked perfectly under the older version. The owner dropdown on
> the bottom of the ticket as well as the reassign option under the action
> section of the ticket are missing. The dropdown is restricted to users in
> my department. Unfortunately I kept getting errors trying to attach my
> trac.ini so a sanitized version it is pasted below.
> Can you help me get them back please.
>
> [...]
>
> [ticket-workflow]
> accept = new,accepted -> assigned
> accept.permissions = TICKET_MODIFY
> create = <none> -> new
> create.default = 1
> create_and_assign = <none> -> assigned
> create_and_assign.label = assign
> create_and_assign.permissions = TICKET_MODIFY
> leave = * -> *
> leave.default = 1
> leave.operations = leave_status
> reassign = new,assigned,reopened -> new
> reassign.operations = set_owner
> reassign.permissions = TICKET_MODIFY
> reopen = closed -> reopened
> reopen.operations = del_resolution
> reopen.permissions = TICKET_CREATE
> resolve = new,assigned,reopened -> closed
> resolve.operations = set_resolution
> resolve.permissions = TICKET_MODIFY

For the user lacking the reassign, does the user have TICKET_MODIFY?

Can you provide a screen capture of a ticket that is lacking the reassign
action in the workflow?

Re: missing owner controls [ In reply to ]
Yes, everyone in the owner combo has TICKET_MODIFY, well before the
restore. I will check to make sure that permission is still there.

Re: missing owner controls [ In reply to ]
I am getting an internal error when I try to access Users from the admin
panel. Wonder if that is connected/causing this issue as well?

Re: missing owner controls [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 12:09:19 PM UTC-8 ofree...@gmail.com
wrote:

> I am getting an internal error when I try to access Users from the admin
> panel. Wonder if that is connected/causing this issue as well?

Be sure to upgrade to the latest TracAccountManager

$ pip install -U --pre TracAccountManager

Also:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracTroubleshooting#ChecktheLogs

Ryan

Re: missing owner controls [ In reply to ]
Upgrading TracAccountManager fixed my internal error. I am still working on
the owner dropdown not showing on a new ticket. The reassign is in the
action section.

Re: Re: missing owner controls [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 5:46 AM ONeal Freeman <ofreemanjr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Upgrading TracAccountManager fixed my internal error. I am still working
> on the owner dropdown not showing on a new ticket. The reassign is in the
> action section.

You added a critical new piece of information: "new" ticket.

See: https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracUpgrade#NewWorkflowActions

The assign-to field is controlled by a workflow action:

[image: Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 13.25.26.jpg]

Ryan

Re: Re: missing owner controls [ In reply to ]
For this purpose the new ticket should be unassigned so the IT manager can
assign the ticket to the appropriate person. Can I get the owner combo back
on the ticket itself and not in action section?

Re: Re: missing owner controls [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 10:07 AM ONeal Freeman <ofreemanjr@gmail.com> wrote:

> For this purpose the new ticket should be unassigned so the IT manager can
> assign the ticket to the appropriate person. Can I get the owner combo back
> on the ticket itself and not in action section?

Just remove this section from the [ticket-workflow] if you don't want to
allow tickets to be assigned when created:

create_and_assign = <none> -> assigned
create_and_assign.label = assign
create_and_assign.permissions = TICKET_MODIFY

Note in the screenshot I posted, there is also a "create" action that will
result in the ticket assigned to [ticket] default_owner.

Ryan

Re: Re: missing owner controls [ In reply to ]
On Sunday, November 29, 2020 at 10:49:02 AM UTC-8 RjOllos wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 10:07 AM ONeal Freeman <ofree...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> For this purpose the new ticket should be unassigned so the IT manager
>> can assign the ticket to the appropriate person. Can I get the owner combo
>> back on the ticket itself and not in action section?
>>

> Just remove this section from the [ticket-workflow] if you don't want to
> allow tickets to be assigned when created:
>
> create_and_assign = <none> -> assigned
> create_and_assign.label = assign
> create_and_assign.permissions = TICKET_MODIFY
>
> Note in the screenshot I posted, there is also a "create" action that will
> result in the ticket assigned to [ticket] default_owner.
>
> Ryan

And if you still feel that you want the "owner" drop-down back in the
ticket properties section, please describe your ticket processes in more
detail. I've not found any situation yet for which having the owner field
as part of the workflow is not equal to or better than having it in the
ticket properties section. Having it in the ticket workflow section offers
more configuration options.

Ryan

Re: Re: missing owner controls [ In reply to ]
So under the newer version the owner control has been removed from the the
ticket properties section into the ticket workflow section?

Re: Re: missing owner controls [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 9:26 AM ONeal Freeman <ofreemanjr@gmail.com> wrote:

> So under the newer version the owner control has been removed from the the
> ticket properties section into the ticket workflow section?

Yes, the owner is now always controlled with a set_owner operation in the
workflow.

Re: Re: missing owner controls [ In reply to ]
Thank you Ryan for all you do.