Mailing List Archive

To know user list in the site
I have configured LDAP for authentication.

1. When a new user is authenticated against LDAP? Will that user be
created in the site?
2. How to know the user list in the whole trac site? Admin page doesn't
have User List page even for 'admin' user.
3. How to know what are all the users associated with a project?

Re: To know user list in the site [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 6:40:58 AM UTC-7 prasan...@gmail.com wrote:

> I have configured LDAP for authentication.
>

> 1. When a new user is authenticated against LDAP? Will that user be
> created in the site?
> 2. How to know the user list in the whole trac site? Admin page
> doesn't have User List page even for 'admin' user.
> 3. How to know what are all the users associated with a project?

Are you authenticating your users with LDAP on the front-end? Apache?

You can list users from the command line with the "session list" command:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracAdmin

You also have to authorize the users by granting them permissions using the
TracAdmin tool or the permissions admin page.

Users are often managed using TracAccountManager, but I don't know which of
the LDAP integration plugins are usable:
https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AccountManagerPlugin
Maybe this one:
https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/LDAPAcctMngrPlugin

This can be really tricky though if you continue to authenticate on the
front-end. In that case, TracAccountManager is just a view of the list of
users. This is in contrast to delegating authentication to the plugin.

I don't know of a cookbook to make all this work, so it might require a lot
of trial and error, unless someone here can post some guidance.

Ryan

Re: To know user list in the site [ In reply to ]
Thanks a lot for info.