Mailing List Archive

How to get TracBrowser to show the contents of Git submodules?
Hi

I did try to search through tickets and google my way to an answer, but did
not manage to find much other than this ticket which indicates
Git submodules should be working
https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/10603

However, when browsing through TracBrowser, git submodules (of a configured
git repository) are merely shown as empty directories?
I.e only showing e.g. something like

- Property *commit* set to *c1634....*
- Property *mode* set to *160000*

How can I get Trac to actually open/show the content of the submodule
instead (for the indicated commit?)
The repositories are bare git repositories and are placed on the same
machine as Trac itself. No hooks configured.

Any pointers/help is much appreciated

Tom

Re: How to get TracBrowser to show the contents of Git submodules? [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 8:42:08 AM UTC-7, Tom wrote:

> Hi
>
> I did try to search through tickets and google my way to an answer, but
> did not manage to find much other than this ticket which indicates
> Git submodules should be working
> https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/10603
>
> However, when browsing through TracBrowser, git submodules (of a
> configured git repository) are merely shown as empty directories?
> I.e only showing e.g. something like
>
> - Property *commit* set to *c1634....*
> - Property *mode* set to *160000*
>

> How can I get Trac to actually open/show the content of the submodule
> instead (for the indicated commit?)
> The repositories are bare git repositories and are placed on the same
> machine as Trac itself. No hooks configured.
>
> Any pointers/help is much appreciated
>
> Tom

I haven't tried the feature, but do you have Trac 1.0.17 or later
installed?

Re: How to get TracBrowser to show the contents of Git submodules? [ In reply to ]
Sorry for not including that, but yes we're on Trac 1.2.6.dev0.

Tom

Re: How to get TracBrowser to show the contents of Git submodules? [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 8:42:08 AM UTC-7, Tom wrote:

> Hi
>
> I did try to search through tickets and google my way to an answer, but
> did not manage to find much other than this ticket which indicates
> Git submodules should be working
> https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/10603
>
> However, when browsing through TracBrowser, git submodules (of a
> configured git repository) are merely shown as empty directories?
> I.e only showing e.g. something like
>
> - Property *commit* set to *c1634....*
> - Property *mode* set to *160000*
>

> How can I get Trac to actually open/show the content of the submodule
> instead (for the indicated commit?)
> The repositories are bare git repositories and are placed on the same
> machine as Trac itself. No hooks configured.
>
> Any pointers/help is much appreciated
>
> Tom

Same result for me:

https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/10603#comment:16

- Ryan

Re: How to get TracBrowser to show the contents of Git submodules? [ In reply to ]
Thanks Ryan.
We'll see where this leads then, I can imagine it actually is not a
straight forward chnage to do..

Tom