is really appreciated.

thanks
Vijay

Re: trachours problem [ In reply to ]
hidalgo <vijayshan@gmail.com> writes:

> I have trac 0.12 installed with python 2.4. everythings working fine

python 2.4 is ancient. I would suggest using 2.6. Probably a lot of
other people will view 2.4 as ancient and not worth spending time to
work on.
Re: trachours problem [ In reply to ]
Hi

What version of setuptools? See similar problem:
http://trac-hacks.org/ticket/7017

Cheers / Erik

Re: trachours problem [ In reply to ]
hidalgo wrote:

> DEBUG: Skipping "TracHoursPlugin 0.5.2": ("DistributionNotFound:
> Python>=2.4" not found) I am definitely running python 2.4.3. Any help
> is really appreciated.

Not sure what is going on here, but try commenting out `install_requires = [
'Python >= 2.4' ]` in setup.py and let us know if that solves the issue.

Re: trachours problem [ In reply to ]
thanks to everyone that replied. I solved it by commenting the line
out. I did not have the choice of a higher version of python on the
particular machine. Commenting out that line really did help.

Re: trachours problem [ In reply to ]
hidalgo wrote:

> thanks to everyone that replied. I solved it by commenting the line
> out. I did not have the choice of a higher version of python on the
> particular machine. Commenting out that line really did help.

With regard to comments in the ticket that Erik pointed us to, and because
I've seen this issue (or similar) occur fairly frequently, it would be
helpful if you could tell us which version of setuptools you were using.

Thanks,
- Ryan

Re: TracHours Problem [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 11:04 AM 'Alan Paterson' via Trac Users <
trac-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> I seem to have been able to install the TracHours plugin and dependencies;
> when I create a ticket, I can see the new hours and estimated hours fields.
> The ticket seems to be created in some capacity, but rendering it causes
> the following internal error:
>
> Python Traceback
> Most recent call last: File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 639, in
> dispatch_request dispatcher.dispatch(req) File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 271, in
> dispatch method=method) File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/trac/web/chrome.py", line 1443, in
> render_template fragment, iterable, method) File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/trac/web/chrome.py", line 1517, in
> _render_jinja_template data): File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/trac/web/chrome.py", line 1930, in
> _check_for_stream_filters stream, data) File
> "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/ticketsidebarprovider/ticketsidebar.py", line
> 49, in filter_stream stream |= filter.after(tag.div(provider.content(req,
> ticket), File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/trachours/web_ui.py", line 184,
> in content load_template('hours_sidebar.html').generate(**data) File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/trac/web/chrome.py", line 1372, in
> load_template return self._load_jinja_template(filename, text) File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/trac/web/chrome.py", line 1398, in
> _load_jinja_template return (self.jenv_text if text else
> self.jenv).get_template(filename) File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 883,
> in get_template return self._load_template(name,
> self.make_globals(globals)) File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 857,
> in _load_template template = self.loader.load(self, name, globals) File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jinja2/loaders.py", line 127, in
> load code = environment.compile(source, name, filename) File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 638,
> in compile self.handle_exception(source=source_hint) File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 832,
> in handle_exception reraise(*rewrite_traceback_stack(source=source)) File
> "/var/pqtrac/.egg-cache/TracHours-0.7.4.dev0-py2.7.egg-tmp/trachours/templates/hours_sidebar.html",
> line 13, in template #time-worked { width: 100%; }
>
> My reported versions in the admin panel are:
> Trac 1.4.2
> TicketSidebarProvider 0.0 (0.11 from svn)
> TracComponentDependency 0.3
> TracHours 0.7.4.dev0
>
> All plug-ins where built from svn and copied to the trac enviroment
> plugins folder. I am not using any other plugins, apart from the
> TracSqlHelperScript plugin (also required by TracHours; I have no idea why
> this isn't showing in the admin panel).
>
> Any idea on what I should be doing next to resolve this problem would be

Keep an eye on this ticket: https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/13907

Hoping to have this issue resolved this week.

Ryan