guess my first question is will this work with tracd instead of using
apache, or do i have to use apache with the SVN functionality in trac?

thanks
Re: Trac and SVN [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 10:56 -0600, Ryan Wilcox wrote:
> hello... looking for some help with connecting my v0.9.3 trac instance
> to a new subversion repository (v1.3.0). i have the python bindings
> installed, getting an error when i try to browse the repository from
> trac....
>
> guess my first question is will this work with tracd instead of using
> apache, or do i have to use apache with the SVN functionality in trac?

You can definitely use 'tracd' to access your Subversion repository.

In fact, it's probably a good idea to make it work like that first
before adding the complication of Apache.

If you are still having trouble, try posting the full error message (and
the traceback, if you have one).

--
Rob Hunter

Re: Trac and SVN [ In reply to ]
On Feb 7, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Ryan Wilcox wrote:

> hello... looking for some help with connecting my v0.9.3 trac instance
> to a new subversion repository (v1.3.0). i have the python bindings
> installed, getting an error when i try to browse the repository from
> trac....
>
> guess my first question is will this work with tracd instead of using
> apache, or do i have to use apache with the SVN functionality in trac?

I recently did this for the first time and got a permissions error.
Make sure the subversion repository is group writable and the user
apache is running as is in that group.

Steve
Re: Trac and SVN [ In reply to ]

> Hello everyone

Hello

> I am new to Trac and I have a basic question.
> I have Trac and SVN installed and run on linux. My question is "how
> can I have the files related to Trac (such as tickets, wiki pages and
> etc) be backed up by SVN automatically"?

I think the simple answer is "you can't". How have you got Trac
configured? A modern install of svn uses its own "file system" under a
root directory. This is completely separate from the Trac files that
are stored in their own environment directories, backed up by a database
(are you using PostgreSQL or SQLite?).

I am running on windows and I have a scheduled batch file run
automatically. This in turn runs the svn hotbackup.py script on my
various repositories. Then it stops the tracd and postgresql services,
zips the trees and saves them, then restarts postgresql and tracd (I'm
not allowed to run apache atm). I am sure you could set up something
similar (and probably better) on linux...

Unless of course someone else here knows better? I'm only a recent
admin, upgraded from user by my new company!

~ Mark C

Re: Trac and SVN [ In reply to ]
Trac also has a hotcopy command: http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracBackup