Mailing List Archive

Editing the syslinux package
I am using windows and i use syslinux to make my USB bootable. I don't want to see the messages like "Uncompressing linux" which hesitates me so that can i change that message, if so how. Please provide some information

Thanks in advance.
Re: Editing the syslinux package [ In reply to ]
If you want to shut the kernel up, add the following to your syslinux config
file

Kernel=<xyz>
Append= <.... Existing commands ....> quiet
Optionally you can add vga=791 or 792 to boot the kernel into framebuffer
mode (1024x768 and 1280x1024 I believe)

You will then only see error messages during the kernel startup phase. To
silence the rest of the boot process use rhgb or something similar.