kernel's debug message. Then I guess there is an incompatibility issue
between the failed machine and syslinux 3.11 (or my linux kernel).

Thanks!

Re: Is there debug version of syslinux? [ In reply to ]
Go get the latest version 3.61,

http://Syslinux.zytor.com

then retry this.

Thanks -j

-----Original Message-----
From: syslinux-bounces@zytor.com [mailto:syslinux-bounces@zytor.com] On
Behalf Of Bo Xie
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 5:19 PM
To: syslinux@zytor.com
Subject: [syslinux] Is there debug version of syslinux?

According to http://syslinux.zytor.com/iso.php, ISOLinux has debug
version.
-----http://syslinux.zytor.com/iso.php---
ISOLINUX is by default built in two versions, one version with extra
debugging messages enabled.

My question is: Is there similar debug version for syslinux?

PS. My USB Key uses syslinux 3.11. When it boots, it shows "loading
linux....\n Loading initrd.gz....", then blank screen. I have not seen
any linux kernel's debug message. I want to know whether it is a
syslinux issue or linux kernel issue.

Note: The same usb key boots OK on another machine and it shows linux

Re: Is there debug version of syslinux? [ In reply to ]
Bo Xie wrote:
> According to http://syslinux.zytor.com/iso.php, ISOLinux has debug version.
> -----http://syslinux.zytor.com/iso.php---
> ISOLINUX is by default built in two versions, one version with extra
> debugging messages enabled.
>
> My question is: Is there similar debug version for syslinux?
>
> PS. My USB Key uses syslinux 3.11. When it boots, it shows "loading
> linux....\n Loading initrd.gz....", then blank screen. I have not seen
> any linux kernel's debug message. I want to know whether it is a
> syslinux issue or linux kernel issue.
>
> Note: The same usb key boots OK on another machine and it shows linux
> kernel's debug message. Then I guess there is an incompatibility issue
> between the failed machine and syslinux 3.11 (or my linux kernel).

No, there isn't.

You may want to try a newer version; the latest version is 3.61.

-hpa