My question is: Has syslinux mainline (e.g., 3.60 right now)
integrated the two patches?

FYI. SLES10's syslinux 3.11 source code is in
http://demeter.uni-regensburg.de/SLES10-x86/suse/src/syslinux-3.11-20.3.src.rpm,
I care about the two gfx_boot patches because my machine can not boot
if the two patches are applied and boot successfully if the two
patches are NOT applied.

Thanks!

Re: Question about gfx_boot patch for syslinux [ In reply to ]
Op 21-01-2008 om 01:26 schreef Bo Xie:
> SLES10's syslinux 3.11 has included two gfx_boot patches.
>
> My question is: Has syslinux mainline (e.g., 3.60 right now)
> integrated the two patches?
>
> FYI. SLES10's syslinux 3.11 source code is in
> http://demeter.uni-regensburg.de/SLES10-x86/suse/src/syslinux-3.11-20.3.src.rpm,
> I care about the two gfx_boot patches because my machine can not boot
> if the two patches are applied and boot successfully if the two
> patches are NOT applied.

As far as I known are NO gfx_boot patches is syslinux.
Fron going trough the syslinux mailinglist archive,
I understood that graphical menu functionality
is available in "vesamenu"

Cheers
Geert Stappers

Re: Question about gfx_boot patch for syslinux [ In reply to ]
Bo Xie wrote:
> SLES10's syslinux 3.11 has included two gfx_boot patches.
>
> My question is: Has syslinux mainline (e.g., 3.60 right now)
> integrated the two patches?

I have said, a number of times:

These patches are so invasive and unmaintainable that I refuse to
integrate them. Anything I integrate I will have to maintain.

-hpa