of the server (the version my network switch uses).

I want to be able to specify the PXE filename via option 209 (plus
option 208 to enable it). I know how to set the option (option
option-209 "myfile";), but the server will not return these parameters
to the PXE client as they are not specifically requested.

I know it's really a question for the ISC folks, but I thought I'd ask
here as well.

Craig

Re: Passing option-209 to PXE client w/ ISC DHCPD V2 [ In reply to ]
Craig

You have to rewrite the dhcp-parameter-request-list

if exists dhcp-parameter-request-list {
append dhcp-parameter-request-list 208,209;
}

or in this form ( i don't remember well )

if exists dhcp-parameter-request-list {
option dhcp-parameter-request-list = concat(option
dhcp-parameter-request-list,d0,d1);
}

Ps : however in the second form the 208 , 209 must be rewrited in
hexadecimal form : d0 and d1

I hope will help you

regards
Stephane