Mailing List Archive

Archives and sector read error
Hello. I sent a message describing an odd bug I'm having with
syslinux.com. I didn't get a reply so I looked to see if it was
archived correctly. It seems the archives at http://
syslinux.zytor.com/archives/ are very incomplete, because I can't
find several of the recent threads listed there.

My original message follows:

I cannot install syslinux on my hard disk image. I believe it's a
bug but am not sure what could be causing it. Steps to reproduce the
problem:

(1) Create a zeroed disk image with 800 tracks, 32 sides, and 63
sectors or 825753600 bytes
(2) Fdisk and format it with "format.com /S C:" from windows 98SE
boot disk.
(3) Copy syslinux.com (tested version 3.11, 3.20, and latest
released) to C:\.
(4) Run "lock C:" and press "Y" (why is this necessary?)
(5) Boot drive and run "syslinux c:"
(6) Get "sector read error"

I am using qemu 0.9.0. I tried one other disk with a different
geometry and it worked fine.

If it's easier you can download the disk ready to boot at http://
devin.freeshell.org/syslinux-read-error.img.bz2

Thanks,
Devin Bayer

Re: Archives [ In reply to ]
Op 10-11-2007 om 11:33 schreef Devin Bayer:
> Hello. I sent a message describing an odd bug I'm having with
> syslinux.com. I didn't get a reply so I looked to see if it was
> archived correctly. It seems the archives at http://
> syslinux.zytor.com/archives/ are very incomplete, because I can't
> find several of the recent threads listed there.

Examples of missing threads:
- TFTP Problems - Option Negotiation Failures
- Booting of bcdw from isolinux does not work anymore with 3.52 but works with 3.51

Geert Stappers
also having no clue why some threads are missing from the list archive

Re: Archives [ In reply to ]
Op 11-11-2007 om 19:09 schreef Geert Stappers:
> Op 10-11-2007 om 11:33 schreef Devin Bayer:
> > Hello. I sent a message describing an odd bug I'm having with
> > syslinux.com. I didn't get a reply so I looked to see if it was
> > archived correctly. It seems the archives at http://
> > syslinux.zytor.com/archives/ are very incomplete, because I can't
> > find several of the recent threads listed there.
>
> Examples of missing threads:
> - TFTP Problems - Option Negotiation Failures
> - Booting of bcdw from isolinux does not work anymore with 3.52 but works with 3.51
>

> Geert Stappers
> also having no clue why some threads are missing from the list archive

Accordding http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2007-October/date.html
didn't hpa contribute to this mailinglist, but is is not true.

Fixing the mailinglist archive would be good thing ...

Cheers
Geert Stappers

Re: Archives [ In reply to ]
Geert Stappers wrote:

> Accordding http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2007-October/date.html
> didn't hpa contribute to this mailinglist, but is is not true.
>
> Fixing the mailinglist archive would be good thing ...

Very odd indeed; I'll try to shake loose some time and look at it...

-hpa