Mailing List Archive

Re: Booting of bcdw from isolinux does notworkanymore with 3.52 but works with 3.51
Zipf Christian wrote:

> I can assure you that isolinux.bin was updated accordingly. As I said before nothing was changed on that script at all. All I did was replace the isolinux.bin and memtest with the one from the 3.52 distribution and it stopped working. I am not saying that the problem lies within isolinux, it could be within bcdw as well, or I made a mistake somewhere. Bcdw has not been updated in years, and it never made any problems with all the other versions of isolinux I used before.
>
> So what exactly do you need to look a little closer into this?
> Would a simple script to creat a isolinux bootable cd that just loads bcdw, be enough?

A small ISO image would probably be most useful.

-hpa

Re: Booting of bcdw from isolinux does notworkanymore with 3.52 but works with 3.51 [ In reply to ]

Re: Booting of bcdw from isolinux does notworkanymore with 3.52 but works with 3.51 [ In reply to ]
Chris D'Hondt wrote:

> I have the same problem with my McAfee CleanBoot cd. I had it booting
> fine with isolinux up until 3.52 test1. After that it would give me a
> Boot Loader Failed error. This is what I was using to boot it:
>
> label cleanboot
> menu label ^1) Boot McAfee Cleanboot 1.0 SP1
> kernel clnboot.bin
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Hm. You're saying 3.51 worked, but 3.52-pre1 didn't?

-hpa

Re: Booting of bcdw from isolinux does notworkanymore with 3.52 but works with 3.51 [ In reply to ]

Re: Booting of bcdw from isolinux does notworkanymore with 3.52 but works with 3.51 [ In reply to ]
Op 10-11-2007 om 15:40 schreef Chris D'Hondt:
> H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> > Chris D'Hondt wrote:
> >> I have the same problem with my McAfee CleanBoot cd. I had it booting
> >> fine with isolinux up until 3.52 test1. After that it would give me a
> >> Boot Loader Failed error. This is what I was using to boot it:
> >>
> >> label cleanboot
> >> menu label ^1) Boot McAfee Cleanboot 1.0 SP1
> >> kernel clnboot.bin
> >
> > Hm. You're saying 3.51 worked, but 3.52-pre1 didn't?
>
> Yup.

Previous it this thread was a request to provide an ISO.
Please post only the URL of the ISO image web page.
(don't post the image to the mailinglist)

Cheers
Geert Stappers

Re: Booting of bcdw from isolinux does notworkanymore with 3.52 but works with 3.51 [ In reply to ]
Geert Stappers wrote:
> Op 10-11-2007 om 15:40 schreef Chris D'Hondt:
>> H. Peter Anvin wrote:

>>> Hm. You're saying 3.51 worked, but 3.52-pre1 didn't?
>> Yup.
>
> Previous it this thread was a request to provide an ISO.
> Please post only the URL of the ISO image web page.
> (don't post the image to the mailinglist)

Or mail it to me *privately*.

-hpa

Re: Booting of bcdw from isolinux does notworkanymore with 3.52 but works with 3.51 [ In reply to ]
Chris D'Hondt wrote:
>> Hm. You're saying 3.51 worked, but 3.52-pre1 didn't?
>
> Yup.

Okay, I just looked through the changesets between 3.51 and 3.52-pre1
and there is nothing in there that even remotely should be causing this
kind of problems, which means something really ugly is going on (memory
stomp, for example.) Please send me an iso; I don't think I'll be able
to decipher this otherwise.

-hpa