(viz., I'm trying to answer _all_ installation questions in a "preseed"
file, but it is not being seen, so I get all these questions when what
I want is a CD where "enter" is pressed exactly once.)

Re: Understanding the install kernel command line arguments [ In reply to ]
Bruce Korb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been meandering through Google searches, simple-cdd source
> and debian-cd code trying to figure it out. No luck. Can I get a
> pointer to some documentation, please? :) Thank you.
> Regards, Bruce
>
> (viz., I'm trying to answer _all_ installation questions in a "preseed"
> file, but it is not being seen, so I get all these questions when what
> I want is a CD where "enter" is pressed exactly once.)

Look for Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt in the kernel distribution.

-hpa

Re: Understanding the install kernel command line arguments [ In reply to ]
Op 02-11-2007 om 16:10 schreef H. Peter Anvin:
> Bruce Korb wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been meandering through Google searches, simple-cdd source
> > and debian-cd code trying to figure it out. No luck. Can I get a
> > pointer to some documentation, please? :) Thank you.
> > Regards, Bruce
> >
> > (viz., I'm trying to answer _all_ installation questions in a "preseed"
> > file, but it is not being seen, so I get all these questions when what
> > I want is a CD where "enter" is pressed exactly once.)
> >

> Look for Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt in the kernel distribution.

And also http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.powerpc/apb.html
(or even only http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.powerpc/apb.html ;-)

Cheers
Geert Stappers

Re: Understanding the install kernel command line arguments [ In reply to ]
Geert Stappers wrote:
> Op 02-11-2007 om 16:10 schreef H. Peter Anvin:
>>> (viz., I'm trying to answer _all_ installation questions in a "preseed"
>>> file, but it is not being seen, so I get all these questions when what
>>> I want is a CD where "enter" is pressed exactly once.)
>>>
>> Look for Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt in the kernel distribution.
>
> And also http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.powerpc/apb.html
> (or even only http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.powerpc/apb.html ;-)

Even only. Yes, that's the ticket! I was trying to understand the
``append path/to/variable=value'' stuff. Since it was in "append"
statements in isolinux.cfg just as if it were a kernel boot parameter,
I wound up thinking it actually was a kernel boot parameter. Silly me.
There be magic there somewhere, but I'm not going to disentangle that
today. :) Thank you!

Cheers - Bruce