files to it, and still boot from it.

Any pointers would be appreciated. I have been googling for about 2 days
looking at dd, and have not gotten anything to work.

Re: PXE booting dos [ In reply to ]
For things larger than 2.88M you'll need a hard drive image vs. a floppy
image, simplest way to get that - mkdiskimage (it's part of syslinux).

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley

Re: PXE booting dos [ In reply to ]
Hello John,

are you using linux or windows to create your boot images.

If you use windows than winimage would be a good tool to use. Look in the
archives (http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/) for examples.

In any case if you use "super" floppy images >2.8MB (no partitions in the
Image), you have to use the Floppy switch.
We use a geometry with 225 cylinders and 36 sectors (simular to normal
2,88MB floppys) and the number of heads should be in the range of 4,8,16,
32

Entry in PXE menu should be something like this
Label BigFloppy
MENU LABEL Big Floppy-Image
kernel [path to memdisk]/memdisk
append initrd=[path to floppy image]/bigflp.img floppy c=225 h=8 s=36

Yours sincerely

Peter Leenders

John Arends
<jarends@uiuc.edu