Mailing List Archive

How get DHCP-/BOOTP-Options with MEMDISK
Using PXELINUX and MEMDISK I started a MS-DOS-Diskimage.

How can I get the DHCP-Options or BOOTP-Tags from within MS-DOS?? (Like bppatch from 3com.)

Thanks!
Re: How get DHCP-/BOOTP-Options with MEMDISK [ In reply to ]
I don't know if this is what you need but to retrieve environment for
memdisk here is what i do :

in the pxelinux configuration file i declare argument on the append line

append initrd=xxxx sp-a=20-30

then in the dos autoexec.bat i use getargs.com :

echo Retrieving Environnment from MEMDISK
getargs > getenv.bat
call getenv.bat

This will setup environement variable that you can to use then :

echo %sp-a%

i hope this can to help you

regards
Stephane Maillan

Re: How get DHCP-/BOOTP-Options with MEMDISK [ In reply to ]
Kai Straube wrote:
> Using PXELINUX and MEMDISK I started a MS-DOS-Diskimage.
>
> How can I get the DHCP-Options or BOOTP-Tags from within MS-DOS?? (Like bppatch from 3com.)

You can use the "keeppxe" option to memdisk and then use PXE calls to
get them.

-hpa

Re: How get DHCP-/BOOTP-Options with MEMDISK [ In reply to ]
@stephane maillan
It seams that is a limit in the append line. (Perhaps 512 Byte?)
By this way I must create a "copy" of the Parameters from bootptab to
the append-line.

@H. Peter Anvin
This is the way I need. I used already "keeppxe" to use the universal
network driver.
But I don't know what "pxe calls" are, to get the bootp- or
dhcp-parameters. Is there any DOS-Command to get them?

Re: How get DHCP-/BOOTP-Options with MEMDISK [ In reply to ]
Kai Straube wrote:
> @stephane maillan
> It seams that is a limit in the append line. (Perhaps 512 Byte?)
> By this way I must create a "copy" of the Parameters from bootptab to
> the append-line.
>
> @H. Peter Anvin
> This is the way I need. I used already "keeppxe" to use the universal
> network driver.
> But I don't know what "pxe calls" are, to get the bootp- or
> dhcp-parameters. Is there any DOS-Command to get them?

Not to my knowledge. You would have to write a program to use the INT
1Ah call, unwind the PXE structure, and then call the PXE stack.

-hpa