Mailing List Archive

Cant get the directive CONFIG to work
Hi All

Im done some testing with the directive CONFIG

Using pxelinux 3.52
I have in my default file this label:

LABEL test_config
CONFIG foobar

and in the same dir that default resides (pxelinux.cfg) I have a file
foobar with some other labels within.

When using menu.c32 and choosing test_config it happens noting it just
restarts the same menu (default) and when using tab to edit the label
it shows

.config foobar

Notice its adding a dot in front of config, I have seen this before
using the localboot directive
But the localboot directive works so I assume its not an error.

If I jump out of the menu and instead write the label (test_config) it says:

Could not find the kernel image: foobar

Doing further testing in qemu with isolinux (now 3.51) gives the exact
same results. Here Im using a filepath with som directories

CONFIG /clonezilla-live-1.05-7/isolinux/isolinux.cfg

Maybe I have misunderstood how to use the CONFIG directive ?

And is it possible today to have a filepath as the one above with
isolinux also ?

regards
//Peter

--

/bitrunner/

*0708-460260*
Andra Långgatan 28
41327 Göteborg
Sweden

Re: Cant get the directive CONFIG to work [ In reply to ]
Hi,

This wiki entry may be of use to you it does what you are trying to do
with the config files.
http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/PXELINUX#Deploy_Linux_from_Windows_RIS_server_using_PXELinux

Ignore the RIS specific parts.

Regards,

Ryan McLean
Re: Cant get the directive CONFIG to work [ In reply to ]
hi, May i ask you a question? how to boot windows 2003 through iscsi ,i don't know how to edit pxelinux.cfg/default .