with syslinux?
--
Dimeneira aka Dime
Re: Booting ISO's [ In reply to ]
Karch wrote:
> Is there a method by which one could boot an ISO image from a flash drive
> with syslinux?

No. Read the mailing list archive for more details, a very similar
question was asked just yesterday or the day before.

-A

Re: Booting ISO's [ In reply to ]
Dime,

Karch <dimeneira@gmail.com> wrote: Is there a method by which one could boot an ISO image from a flash drive
with syslinux?
--
Dimeneira aka Dime

while its a special case, the Knoppix ISO (5.1+) supports this with a cheat code called "bootfrom"

---------------------- begin grub.conf --------------------------------
title Knoppix 5.10
kernel (hd0,4)/boot/knoppix.402/linux ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 nomce quiet bootfrom=/dev/hda10/boot/knoppix.402/*.iso noprompt dma screen=1680x1050 myconfig$
initrd (hd0,4)/boot/knoppix.402/minirt_51.gz
---------------------------- end snip --------------------------------------------

--
Mark

Re: Booting ISO's [ In reply to ]
Andrew Stuart <andrew@shopcusa.com> wrote:
>> > Is there a method by which one could boot an ISO image from a flash drive
>> > with syslinux?
>> >
> No. Read the mailing list archive for more details, a very similar
> question was asked just yesterday or the day before.

This would be an excellent advice, were it not for the fact that the
SYSLINUX list's archive generation seems to be malfunctioning :-(
Just check the archive for October which is missing several days'
worth of list entries:
http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2007-October/thread.html

Are there any chances that the archive can be fixed ?

Thanks,
Ole

Re: Booting ISO's [ In reply to ]
Ole Holm Nielsen wrote:

>> No. Read the mailing list archive for more details, a very similar
>> question was asked just yesterday or the day before.
>
> This would be an excellent advice, were it not for the fact that the
> SYSLINUX list's archive generation seems to be malfunctioning :-(
> Just check the archive for October which is missing several days'
> worth of list entries:
> http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2007-October/thread.html
>
> Are there any chances that the archive can be fixed ?

I'll look into it as soon as I get a chance. This is obviously bad.

-hpa