Mailing List Archive

MAJOR memory overwrite bug in the menu system resolved -- 3.52-pre9 (RC) released
Thanks to Dell for sending me a specimen system, and of course, rPath,
my employer, for letting me spend the several days it took to chase this
one down.

There is a memory-overwrite bug where part of the BIOS data area gets
overwritten by certain comboot calls, including some used by the simple
menu system. Anyone who has had problems where booting from the prompt
works but the menu system doesn't (and anyone else for that matter),
*PLEASE* grab 3.52-pre9 and test it. I would like to push it out as
3.52 official as soon as possible.

-hpa