Mailing List Archive

menu.c32 HP Proliant DL360 G5 localboot problem
Hello.

Recently I've ran into problems with HP Proliant
booting off the network with menu.c32.

Configuration -- several identical servers:
HP Proliant DL360 G5
HP Bios P58 12/26/2006
Bootblock 09/18/2006
HP SmartArray E200i Controller (128MB, v1.20)
Broadcom NetXtreme II Ethernet Boot Agent v2.8.5

When localboot is chosen from menu.c32 menu
I get standard "PXE-M0F Exiting ...", screen clears,
cursor is blinking at the top left corner and nothing happens.

If I boot with standard pxelinux.0:
default local
label local
localboot 0

and chose local after "PXE-M0F Exiting" server
successfully boots from the HP SmartArray E200i drive.

The described problem is observed with 3 of 4 identical servers
(at least identical bios, network card, smart array controller).

One server does successful continue to boot from smart array
drive when localboot is chosen from menu.c32.

Just to let everyone know.

Regards,
Petya.

Re: menu.c32 HP Proliant DL360 G5 localboot problem [ In reply to ]
Petr Kohts wrote:

> The described problem is observed with 3 of 4 identical servers
> (at least identical bios, network card, smart array controller).

Latest firmware?

-hpa