Mailing List Archive

A hardware tool for Syslinux
I started a COM32 module for displaying the hardware ressources we can
detect in syslinux.

I'm using the PCI COM32 module to detect the PCI devices, the CPUID
COM32 module for the processor, and the DMI COM32 module to find the
other information (motherboard, system, cpu,..).

About the PCI devices, I'm using the "pci.ids" file from the pciutils
package to display the vendor and product name.
Then I thought that displaying the Linux kernel modules associated to
the PCI devices could be usefull. I'm using the "modules.pcimap" file
from the Linux kernel to display them.

If some of you wants to try it :
http://konilope.linuxeries.org/tmp/hardware.c32

Then add both "pci.ids" and "modules.pcimap" in the root directory of
your tftp server.

I really like having some reports and ideas.
Erwan,

Re: A hardware tool for Syslinux [ In reply to ]
Erwan Velu wrote:
> I started a COM32 module for displaying the hardware ressources we can
> detect in syslinux.
>
> I'm using the PCI COM32 module to detect the PCI devices, the CPUID
> COM32 module for the processor, and the DMI COM32 module to find the
> other information (motherboard, system, cpu,..).
>
> About the PCI devices, I'm using the "pci.ids" file from the pciutils
> package to display the vendor and product name.
> Then I thought that displaying the Linux kernel modules associated to
> the PCI devices could be usefull. I'm using the "modules.pcimap" file
> from the Linux kernel to display them.
>
> If some of you wants to try it :
> http://konilope.linuxeries.org/tmp/hardware.c32
>
> Then add both "pci.ids" and "modules.pcimap" in the root directory of
> your tftp server.
>
> I really like having some reports and ideas.
> Erwan,

I saw some of you downloaded it, what's your feeling about such tool ?