Mailing List Archive

LSPCI comboot module
Is there an LSPCI comboot module that someone has written?

Or a linux style boot disk that has:

a KERNEL

b LSPCI

c very small size

d quick boot time

I am currently having to get through a 5 - 7 minute boot cycle with a
fedora setup just to get the lspci output.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Authenticlick, Inc.
5757 Wilshire Boulevard | Penthouse One
Los Angeles, California 90036
Tel: 323.330.0404 x202 | Fax: 323.330.0755
email: jalifrangis@authenticlick.net
<mailto:jalifrangis@authenticlick.net>

Jacob Alifrangis

Director of Operations
Re: LSPCI comboot module [ In reply to ]
Jacob Alifrangis wrote:
> Is there an LSPCI comboot module that someone has written?

I don't believe so, but there is code written to do the PCI bus
enumeration (at least for domain zero), so adding code to print it out
should be trivial.

-hpa

Re: LSPCI comboot module [ In reply to ]
H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Jacob Alifrangis wrote:
>
>> Is there an LSPCI comboot module that someone has written?
>>

> I don't believe so, but there is code written to do the PCI bus
> enumeration (at least for domain zero), so adding code to print it out
> should be trivial.

Damn... I thougth the code I did for doing such features was in the
current tree :/
I did a lspci by reading the pciids files.... I'll try to find out this
old code...

Erwan,

Re: LSPCI comboot module [ In reply to ]
Jacob Alifrangis wrote:
> Is there an LSPCI comboot module that someone has written?
I didn't forgot you ;o)
I found the code I wrote for doing the pci listing and the
vendor/product name vendor found in the pci.ids file.

I reworked the patch, I'm sending it to the list.
Hope it helps,

Erwan,