Mailing List Archive

Syslinux 5.10 released
Folks,

Finally, Syslinux 5.10 has been released. This release includes a merge
of the 4.10 development branch, which means that there's a new network
stack availble, based on the lwIP embedded TCP/IP stack. The jump from
the previous 5.01 release to 5.10 may be a little confusing, but a new
network stack is such a large change that it deserved a significant bump
in the version minor number.

To use the new stack you'll need to deploy lpxelinux.0. Using
lpxelinux.0 gets you support for HTTP/FTP out of the box. The legacy
stack is still available as pxelinux.0.

Also a number of regressions have been fixed that were introduced in
Syslinux 5.00. The shortlog appended below shows the changes since
Syslinux-5.10-pre1 because I've just realised I didn't send an
announcement for -pre2.

There are still a number of fairly important bugs that are causing
people issues and unfortunately I haven't had the time to fix them in
this release. But they are still on the TODO list.

---

H. Peter Anvin (3):
pxe: disentangle the legacy and lwip stacks without #ifdef
font: load data as a single block
serial: Clean up and abstract handling of serial ports

Josh Triplett (1):
Fix support for Linux kernel images with no protected mode code

Matt Fleming (12):
ldlinux: Always update ConfigName when opening a config file
readconfig: Don't display "(null)" labels when hitting TAB
Partially revert "pxe: Pass absolute path to pxe_chdir()"
ldlinux: Fixup lwip merge botch
pxe: Fix compiler warnings and real bug
load_linux: update errno before returning
linux: Clear up error message
font: increment pointer to fontbuf by font height
serial: fix SERIAL directive for ports > 0
font: write to 'fontbuf', not random memory
NEWS: Clarify network stack files
NEWS: Mention noteworthy changes in 5.10

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center