mailserver.

I've implemented socketmapd on sendmail. Anyone know of any good way to
configure it so SRS is not used on mails that has been sent through
sendmail via SMTP-AUTH?

/j

--
/ jesper
`.__.

Re: Not do SRS on mail that has been sent using SMTP-AUTH? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Jesper Mårtenson wrote:

> I'm using SRS on a couple of my mailservers. But I've seem to run into
> some problems, usually meaning that some of my users can´t seem to mail
> to certain mailinglists and such when they have me as their outgoing
> mailserver.
>
> I've implemented socketmapd on sendmail. Anyone know of any good way to
> configure it so SRS is not used on mails that has been sent through
> sendmail via SMTP-AUTH?

In theory, CF could do it - if you're adept at CF. But now that sendmail-8.14
allows changing MAIL FROM via milter API, it would be easier to put both SRS
and the logic for when not to SRS in a milter with your favorite language.

I'm a big fan of scripted milters (e.g. pymilter for python or mimedefang
for perl) so that tweaking such logic is easy. The interpreter starts once (or
a small number of times), and the overhead for interpreting the tiny milter api
methods is quite small compared to the overall mail overhead.

--
Stuart D. Gathman <stuart@bmsi.com>