when i give it a _legal_ (albeit rarely if ever used) email address of
"Blah blah"@blah.com to forward encode it creates something like:

SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com="Blah blah"@adomain.com

However this address when placed into an envelope from command gets
syntax errors. Is this specifically a problem with the Python library
or SRS in general?

Thanks,
David

Re: Double quoted local parts failing syntax tests? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, David Erickson wrote:

> I am working with the pysrs library and have been doing some testing and
> when i give it a _legal_ (albeit rarely if ever used) email address of
> "Blah blah"@blah.com to forward encode it creates something like:
>
> SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com="Blah blah"@adomain.com
>
> However this address when placed into an envelope from command gets
> syntax errors. Is this specifically a problem with the Python library
> or SRS in general?

That would be a problem with the python library. I will add a test case.
What *should* the answer be? I think it should be:

"SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com=Blah blah"@adomain.com

I checked rfc2822, and

"SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah"."com=Blah blah"@adomain.com

is also allowed! But I think we'll stick with the first form. :-)

Please check that the required result is correct.

--
Stuart D. Gathman <stuart@bmsi.com>

Re: Double quoted local parts failing syntax tests? [ In reply to ]
Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, David Erickson wrote:
>

>> I am working with the pysrs library and have been doing some testing and
>> when i give it a _legal_ (albeit rarely if ever used) email address of
>> "Blah blah"@blah.com to forward encode it creates something like:
>>
>> SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com="Blah blah"@adomain.com
>>
>> However this address when placed into an envelope from command gets
>> syntax errors. Is this specifically a problem with the Python library
>> or SRS in general?
>>

> That would be a problem with the python library. I will add a test case.
> What *should* the answer be? I think it should be:
>
> "SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com=Blah blah"@adomain.com
>
> I checked rfc2822, and
>
> "SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah"."com=Blah blah"@adomain.com
>
> is also allowed! But I think we'll stick with the first form. :-)
>
> Please check that the required result is correct.

Thanks for the reply Stuart. A couple other things that ought to be
checked in conjunction with this:
1) That the form "SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com=Blah blah"@adomain.com can
be properly be re-forwarded by other SRS sender libraries
2) That the form "SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com=Blah blah"@adomain.com can
be properly be reversed to "Blah blah"@blah.com by the current SRS libraries

Thanks,
David

Re: Double quoted local parts failing syntax tests? [ In reply to ]
David Erickson wrote:
> Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, David Erickson wrote:
>>

>>> I am working with the pysrs library and have been doing some testing and
>>> when i give it a _legal_ (albeit rarely if ever used) email address of
>>> "Blah blah"@blah.com to forward encode it creates something like:
>>>
>>> SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com="Blah blah"@adomain.com
>>>
>>> However this address when placed into an envelope from command gets
>>> syntax errors. Is this specifically a problem with the Python library
>>> or SRS in general?
>>>

>> That would be a problem with the python library. I will add a test case.
>> What *should* the answer be? I think it should be:
>>
>> "SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com=Blah blah"@adomain.com
>>
>> I checked rfc2822, and
>>
>> "SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah"."com=Blah blah"@adomain.com
>>
>> is also allowed! But I think we'll stick with the first form. :-)
>>
>> Please check that the required result is correct.
>>

> Thanks for the reply Stuart. A couple other things that ought to be
> checked in conjunction with this:
> 1) That the form "SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com=Blah blah"@adomain.com can
> be properly be re-forwarded by other SRS sender libraries
> 2) That the form "SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com=Blah blah"@adomain.com can
> be properly be reversed to "Blah blah"@blah.com by the current SRS
> libraries
>
> Thanks,
> David
Disregard those extra 'be's in there.. sorry about that.

-David

Re: Double quoted local parts failing syntax tests? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, David Erickson wrote:

> >> That would be a problem with the python library. I will add a test case.

> > Thanks for the reply Stuart. A couple other things that ought to be
> > checked in conjunction with this:
> > 1) That the form "SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com=Blah blah"@adomain.com can
> > be properly be re-forwarded by other SRS sender libraries
> > 2) That the form "SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com=Blah blah"@adomain.com can
> > be properly be reversed to "Blah blah"@blah.com by the current SRS
> > libraries

Test cases already check reforwarding and reversing.

The fixed code is checked into CVS. Give it a try if you could.
Only SRS/Base.py and testSRS.py were touched.

--
Stuart D. Gathman <stuart@bmsi.com>

Re: Double quoted local parts failing syntax tests? [ In reply to ]
Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

>>> Thanks for the reply Stuart. A couple other things that ought to be
>>> checked in conjunction with this:
>>> 1) That the form "SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com=Blah blah"@adomain.com can
>>> be properly be re-forwarded by other SRS sender libraries
>>> 2) That the form "SRS0=uPbPNkV0=TC=blah.com=Blah blah"@adomain.com can
>>> be properly be reversed to "Blah blah"@blah.com by the current SRS
>>> libraries
>>>

> Test cases already check reforwarding and reversing.
>
> The fixed code is checked into CVS. Give it a try if you could.
> Only SRS/Base.py and testSRS.py were touched.
Confirmed it works. Do you know if the other libraries (ie perl, C,
etc) behave in the same fashion and can re-forward and decode this form
of address (given the proper secret, etc)?

Thanks,
David