Mailing List Archive

spf record question
I have multiple mail servers for my domain and I have all of ther ip addresses covered in the spf record with:

ip4:xx.xx.xx.xx/24

I have reverse pointer names for each email server created in my dns server and a records in my dns server for each mail server and each email server has it's own name such as:

mail1.mydomain.com
mail2.mydomain.com

etc - I have 24 in all.

My question is this:

do I need an 'a' entry for each of my 24 mail servers in the spf record such as:

a:mail1.mydomain.com a:mail2.mydomain.com a:mail2.mydomain.com

or can I wildcard all of the names since they're all in mydomain.com with something like a:mail*.mydomain.com

or do I even need 'a' entries at all since their ip addresses are covered by my /24 entry?

???

thanks in advance.

Jeff