--

73,
Ged.

Re: Multiple SPF records for a domain. [ In reply to ]
----- Original Message -----
From: "G.W. Haywood" <spf@jubileegroup.co.uk>
To: <spf-help@listbox.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:41 PM
Subject: [spf-help] Multiple SPF records for a domain.

> Hi there,
>
> Would anyone care to comment on the SPF records for atkinsglobal.com?

Zero records, or one record, but never more than one.

Depending on the requirements these two records should be merged into one,
perhaps leaving stuff out.

Build the record as follows:

Start with "v=spf1 " <--- notice the space, do not use the quotation marks
End with "-all" <-- again not use the quotation marks; use "~all" if you
need to

Then insert every server authorized to send mail inbetween these two
elements, and a space.
for each server or group of servers, list it by IP-address ("ip4:10.20.30.40
"),
-or- by name ("a:name.of.mailhost.example ")
-or- by function ("mx " or "mx:otherdomain.example ")
-or- by include ("include:somedomainname.example ")

I did not verify that these names exist, I just used the original txt
records
"v=spf1 a:cluster8out.eu.messagelabs.com mx include:cmail1.com ~all"

HTH
Alex

Re: Multiple SPF records for a domain. [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

> > Would anyone care to comment on the SPF records for atkinsglobal.com?
>
> Zero records, or one record, but never more than one.

Thank you for the response.

That was my understanding too, I just wondered if I'd missed something.

> Depending on the requirements these two records should be merged into one,
> perhaps leaving stuff out.
>
> Build the record as follows:

Sorry, perhaps I could have been clearer.

It isn't one of my domains, it's one that I've been rejecting mail from. :)

--

73,
Ged.