Mailing List Archive

SPF Help with Google Apps Premiere and Postini
All,

I just recently upgraded my Google Apps accounts from Standard to Premiere Edition. Before doing so I removed my existing SPF record as I saw several caveats when using SPF records with this setup. Most notably, there is a Google Support page at http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=96820. Although the instructions seem simple enough, there is a note at the end that I also need to add my own domain's IP allocations. Problem is, how do I determine this? As far as I can tell Google does not issue individual IP addresses for each domain. If I ping mail.mydomain.com I do get an IP address, but I do not know whether or not this is what I should use, or use another address or a range of addresses.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

--
Scott Blystone
Rochester, New York

RE: SPF Help with Google Apps Premiere and Postini [ In reply to ]
Scott Blystone wrote on Fri, Apr 30 2010 at 7:26 am:

> http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=96820. Although the
> instructions seem simple enough, there is a note at the end that I also need to
> add my own domain's IP allocations. Problem is, how do I determine this?

I think they just mean for you to add any other IP addresses for servers that send mail (internal, web, etc.).

-----
SPF FAQ: http://www.openspf.org/FAQ
Common mistakes: http://www.openspf.org/FAQ/Common_mistakes

- Steve Yates
- ITS, Inc.
- Wisdom of Bart: I will not encourage others to fly

~ Taglines by Taglinator: www.srtware.com ~

Re: SPF Help with Google Apps Premiere and Postini [ In reply to ]
On Apr 30, 2010, at 12:16 PM, Steve Yates wrote:

> Scott Blystone wrote on Fri, Apr 30 2010 at 7:26 am:
>
>> http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=96820. Although the
>> instructions seem simple enough, there is a note at the end that I also need to
>> add my own domain's IP allocations. Problem is, how do I determine this?
>
> I think they just mean for you to add any other IP addresses for servers that send mail (internal, web, etc.).

Duh! That would make too much sense, wouldn't it? Leave it to me to make a simple matter complex! :-)

--
Scott Blystone
Rochester, New York