Mailing List Archive

RE: trouble with creating spf record for txt record
Hi,

I am new in SPF so I don't know whether my question would be clear to
you guys or not, I would like to know as how do I create SPF record for
one of our online application port as I have requested our DNS providers
to create text record (map a name with our online application port) and
they have ask me to create SPF record for the same first.

I have an online application server where the external client accesses,
Our DNS name is hosted by a 3rd party vendor I have created an A record
for our application server (record type A - name mytrd.mydomain.com - IP
81.XXX.XX.XX) and I need to create a text record for mapping the port
number for the same application.

Kindly help me on this.

Thanks & regards,

Sabir Saurya

Re: trouble with creating spf record for txt record [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 08:24, Sabir Saurya <sabir.saurya@rasmala.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new in SPF so I don't know whether my question would be clear to
> you guys or not, I would like to know as how do I create SPF record for
> one of our online application port as I have requested our DNS providers
> to create text record (map a name with our online application port) and
> they have ask me to create SPF record for the same first.

SPF is for email, it is nothing to do with ports or applications
(other than email). Can I suggest that instead of just clicking
through to the mailing list subscription page you read what SPF is
about (http://www.openspf.org/Introduction).

> I have an online application server where the external client accesses,
> Our DNS name is hosted by a 3rd party vendor I have created an A record
> for our application server (record type A - name mytrd.mydomain.com - IP
> 81.XXX.XX.XX) and I need to create a text record for mapping the port
> number for the same application.

Assuming no mail is ever sent from mytrd.mydomain.com (hint, always
use your real domain or one of example.com/.net/.org - mydomain.com is
a real domain that somebody else owns) then create:

mytrd.mydomain.com txt "v=spf1 -all"

--
Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor
doesn't become a monster. Friedrich Nietzsche