Mailing List Archive

Re: spf wizard reports no ip address for domain‏
At 14:57 24/11/2009 Tuesday, nahiable@africanexpatsradio.com wrote:
>Sorry for the late response i had to go on a shot trip. Anyway I send this mail from africanexpatsradio.com. Hope you are able to help.
>
>At 14:10 19/11/2009 Thursday, Napoleon Ahiable wrote:
>
>>I have a registered and hosted domain africanexpatsradio.com. However when i tried to create an spf record the wizard repoted that africanexpatsradio.com does not have an IP address.

i guess in future i will explicitly list the options in preferential order
{as you explaining in detail how your users send from africanexpatsradio.com address's is always preferred to us guessing from looking at your emails to us}

but currently i see you seem to be sending from 217.37.29.17

so assuming this is the only you/your-provider you will use to send your email from and assuming this ip is static
{i use you/your-provider as i cannot possibly determine if you are the provider or do you buy service from this unprofessionally setup outfit}

this host has a lot of negative reputation markers
so even if your SPF is is perfect its unlikely to be checked by all, many will refuse on your/your-providers poor server setup

id 6F40D76220B; Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:57:18 +0000 (GMT)

ok the details
A the FQRDNS record of your/your-providers host is generic thus refused by many host217-37-29-17.in-addr.btopenworld.com == 217.37.29.17
{suggested fix set it to xxxxxx.your/your-providers-domain where xxxxxx is a name dedicated to ptr use and pointed at 217.37.29.17 also}
{eg1 pmct-01.gateway.2wire.net}

B the helo/ehlo identity used by you/your-provider is non-existant , thus refused by most isps/spamfilters for RFC non-compliance
{suggested fix set it to yyyyyy.your/your-providers-domain where yyyyyy is a name dedicated to helo/ehlo use and pointed at 217.37.29.17 also}
{eg1 pmct1.gateway.2wire.net, ie just setup the helo in dns}

C assuming steps A and B completed by you/your-provider
host/domain SPF-record
xxxxxx.your/your-providers-domain "v=spf1 -all"
yyyyyy.your/your-providers-domain "v=spf1 A -all"
africanexpatsradio.com "v=spf1 A:yyyyyy.your/your-providers-domain -all"

Re: spf wizard reports no ip address for domain&#8207; [ In reply to ]
At 14:57 24/11/2009 Tuesday, nahiable@africanexpatsradio.com wrote:
>Sorry for the late response i had to go on a shot trip. Anyway I send this mail from africanexpatsradio.com. Hope you are able to help.
>
>At 14:10 19/11/2009 Thursday, Napoleon Ahiable wrote:
>
>>I have a registered and hosted domain africanexpatsradio.com. However when i tried to create an spf record the wizard repoted that africanexpatsradio.com does not have an IP address.
>
>from this I can only surmise that africanexpatsradio.com. was filled in as the wrong answer to one of the questions that the wizard asked {one requiring a hostname or ip}
>
>so lets not use the wizard
>
>and either let us guess/determine how you send mail from africanexpatsradio.com.
>by you sending an email from that domain to either myself or the list
>
>or by you explaining how you send mail from africanexpatsradio.com. here.
>and we can then show you how to construct an SPF record that reflects these details

in addition the domain you sent from dosn't accept any email so your kinda boned even with SPF
{again i suspect you need a more professional mail service provider feel free to talk to me offlist as my rates are cheap {but zero tolerance for any spamming}}