Mailing List Archive

spf wizard reports no ip address for domain
I have a registered and hosted domain africanexpatsradio.com. However when i tried to create an spf record the wizard repoted that africanexpatsradio.com does not have an IP address.

Re: spf wizard reports no ip address for domain [ In reply to ]
> I have a registered and hosted domain africanexpatsradio.com. However when
> i tried to create an spf record the wizard repoted that
> africanexpatsradio.com does not have an IP address.

It doesn't.

You seem to have set up nameservers (ns0.telivo.com and ns1.telivo.com),
but they don't know the IP address of africanexpatsradio.com. You have set
an IP address for www.africanexpatsradio.com, so your DNS isn't
monstrously borked - but you haven't done africanexpatsradio.com.

You might want to ix that beore you get too involved with getting SPF
going...

Vic.

Re: spf wizard reports no ip address for domain [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 14:28, Vic <spf1@beer.org.uk> wrote:

>> I have a registered and hosted domain africanexpatsradio.com. However when
>> i tried to create an spf record the wizard repoted that
>> africanexpatsradio.com does not have an IP address.
>
> It doesn't.
>
> You seem to have set up nameservers (ns0.telivo.com and ns1.telivo.com),
> but they don't know the IP address of africanexpatsradio.com. You have set
> an IP address for www.africanexpatsradio.com, so your DNS isn't
> monstrously borked - but you haven't done africanexpatsradio.com.
>
> You might want to ix that beore you get too involved with getting SPF
> going...

Assuming of course that the OP wants africanexpatsradio.com to have an
IP address - I'm not aware of their being any requirement for that to
be so.

--
Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor
doesn't become a monster. Friedrich Nietzsche

Re: spf wizard reports no ip address for domain [ In reply to ]
At 14:10 19/11/2009 Thursday, Napoleon Ahiable wrote:

>I have a registered and hosted domain africanexpatsradio.com. However when i tried to create an spf record the wizard repoted that africanexpatsradio.com does not have an IP address.

from this I can only surmise that africanexpatsradio.com. was filled in as the wrong answer to one of the questions that the wizard asked {one requiring a hostname or ip}

so lets not use the wizard

and either let us guess/determine how you send mail from africanexpatsradio.com.
by you sending an email from that domain to either myself or the list

or by you explaining how you send mail from africanexpatsradio.com. here.
and we can then show you how to construct an SPF record that reflects these details

Re: spf wizard reports no ip address for domain [ In reply to ]
At 14:46 19/11/2009 Thursday, Rob MacGregor wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 14:28, Vic <spf1@beer.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a registered and hosted domain africanexpatsradio.com. However when
>>> i tried to create an spf record the wizard repoted that
>>> africanexpatsradio.com does not have an IP address.
>>
>> It doesn't.
>>
>> You seem to have set up nameservers (ns0.telivo.com and ns1.telivo.com),
>> but they don't know the IP address of africanexpatsradio.com. You have set
>> an IP address for www.africanexpatsradio.com, so your DNS isn't
>> monstrously borked - but you haven't done africanexpatsradio.com.
>>
>> You might want to ix that beore you get too involved with getting SPF
>> going...
>
>Assuming of course that the OP wants africanexpatsradio.com to have an
>IP address - I'm not aware of their being any requirement for that to
>be so.

there should be no such requirement {better not to have one than to have one setup badly, but this gets into SEO and website stuff that is irrelavant on this list}