Mailing List Archive

syntax to inlcude multiple domains?
We occasionally use an external mailing service. This email service is
changing its domain name. I'd like to add an include statement to our
spf record that includes both the old domain name and the new one, so
that we don't have any problems when the service switches completely to
the new one a few months from now. All the examples I've seen show only
one domain name in the include statement. How do I include two domains:
with separate include statements separated by a space, by listing
multiple domains in the same include statement separated by commas,
semicolons, etc.?

Thanks for any advice!

Steve

This e-mail (including any attachments to it) is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.

Re: syntax to inlcude multiple domains? [ In reply to ]
At 22:02 04/11/2009 Wednesday, Maggitti, Stephen wrote:
>We occasionally use an external mailing service. This email service is
>changing its domain name. I'd like to add an include statement to our
>spf record that includes both the old domain name and the new one, so
>that we don't have any problems when the service switches completely to
>the new one a few months from now. All the examples I've seen show only
>one domain name in the include statement. How do I include two domains:
>with separate include statements separated by a space,

yes

> by listing
>multiple domains in the same include statement separated by commas,
>semicolons, etc.?

.... include:domain-of-first-spf-record-to-include include:domain-of-second-spf-record-to-include ....

.... == the rest of your spf record

obvious question is why would you want to ever include both??
the newer should be the only one needed
as both the newer and the older should have exactly the same IP's listed within it
if the external mailing service understands and uses SPF correctly
{and if they don't including any SPF record they provide is a dumb move}

remember SPF equates to a list of IP's that they use to send email, so why would the old and new list differ, or rather why would the newer name for the list contain any fewer IP's than the older name