submission instead
{esmtp on port 587 for authenticated outgoing mail submission}
port 25 smtp should only carry inbound mail to your users

FW: using ISP's smtp servers [ In reply to ]
Thank you this is very helpful.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Doherty [mailto:alan@alandoherty.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:16 PM
To: spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Subject: RE: [spf-help] using ISP's smtp servers

At 17:42 27/10/2009 Tuesday, Steve Yates wrote:
>Sloan, Jocelyn wrote on Tue, Oct 27 2009 at 12:01 pm:
>
>> Thank you for the help everyone; I appreciate your insights and
>> suggestions. I am not quite sure how to setup esmtp on my Exch2003
>> server. If anyone knows a website with instructions, I'd be quite
>> grateful.
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823019

yup that pretty much covers it, i would strongly recommend using moving
to tls {encription} also {if not doing already}, and either self-signed
or cacert/free cert

{BTW exchange only talks esmtp {extended smtp} on any port, {the
extensions allow authentication to be possible}}
what your wanting to setup is an esmtp-submission server on the correct
port,
as opposed to combining esmtp-incomming and esmtp-submission functions
on port 25 {like you were doing}

so what you are wanting to do is just add another [e]smtp connector that
is bound to port 587 instead of port 25
then copy all the existing user authentication and relay settings form
your port25 connector to your port587 connector
{as your port25 one is working for your users at the moment so its user
auth and relay settings should work fine}
ensure your firewall allows users to connect to the new service
then after testing with one user, migrate all users to using 587

then remove authentication and relay from the options available on your
port25 service {making it an incoming mail only listener}

also for any exchange setup I'd recommend ensuring you have backscatter
dealt with also, feel free to look at the outdated but links are still
good howto here http://www.alandoherty.net/info/mailservers/exchange/

and if any seems to much i can always assist via vnc/rdp or whatever {i
personally prefer a server initiated {ultra}vnc connection as it
requires you giving me 0 auth details and opening no incoming
connections on your firewall, and thus me not being a suspect in any
crackery later}

>from
>http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?mode=r&query=exchange+
2003+smtp&spid=global&catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&res=20

[http://www.listbox.com/member/]