Mailing List Archive

RE: SPF tutorial-2 / DNS admin guide
At 06:14 22/10/2009 Thursday, Danny Vincent wrote:
>Ok, I have access to my domains records. Ive got A, MX, Cname & ptr records & realise you want me to add a .txt record.
>
>I just don?t know how to set out the txt record.

without knowing the software or a url to a manual for it
i can't guide you in the gui your isp/registrar has given you

I run my own dns servers so just open the zone file in a editor and add/remove/change records

what prompts do you get if its wizard based one at a time i will give you my best guess answer

all dns records have 3 basic details
name type value

name = _spf.yourdomain-name.whatever
some gui's fill in the domain and thus expect _spf as the name

type == IN txt {group internet}{subgroup text} {the IN group is all most simple GUI's let you touch but its the only group used by most so its ok}

value == "v=spf1 a:mail.webconnect.com.au -all"
as previously given

as always let me know if/when done so i can test/see if its working
{also as its already 7am can you either respond faster or wait till i get some sleep to continue?}

and as always if you want to pay someone to {just get it done} feel free to contact me offlist and I'll walk you through how to give me vnc access to your pc {so i don't get/need your id/passwords} but i can see your screen and show you what to type where
http://www.alandoherty.net/
{note to list admins this is not me using the list to pimp myself just wanting to offer the faster approach as this to/fro by mail is painful and is probably as horrible to read for all of you others}