Mailing List Archive

Setting up SPF
Hi,

We have had an SPF record in place for many years. However, it has
always returned softfail. I cannot change to -all as this would result
in too many mail rejections. I need to correct the record.

The domain is virtual-college.co.uk, IP Address 213.146.152.32, PTR
mail4.bjtech.co.uk

Our DNS is held by freeparking.co.uk

Our on-site exchange server has a public address of 94.30.116.48

Our MX are mail.virtual-college.co.uk, mail2.virtual-college.co.uk and
telewest.virtual-college.co.uk

Any mail sent from the exchange server results in a softfail. The old
SPF was v=spf1 ip4:213.146.152.32 a mx include:aspmx.googlemail.com ?all

I have tried many changes but fail to see why v=spf1 a mx -all would not
work in this scenario as the 'a' would reference the ip address of the
domain and the mx would allow the sending to and from the 3 MXes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated or pointers to aid me in
resolving this myself.

Thanks

Jonathan

Jonathan Lumb

IT Technician

The Virtual College

Tel:01943 <Tel:01943> 605976

Fax:01943 605522

www.virtual-college.co.uk <http://www.virtual-college.co.uk>

With over 10 years' experience and over 150,000 on-line and face to face
learners, Virtual College is enhancing the learning experience by
accelerating the adoption of e-learning.

We are proud of our Investors in People, CPD UK, Matrix, Customer First
recognition and Winner of the Medilink Partnership with the NHS Award
2008

Virtual College is a limited company registered in England and Wales, a
division of Virtual College Group plc.

Registered Office: Marsel House, Stephensons Way, Ilkley, LS29 8DD

Reg No: 3052439 VAT No: GB75529689

The information contained in this email is intended only for the named
recipient(s). It may contain confidential information and if you are not
an intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take action or
reliance on it. If you received this email in error, please contact us
immediately, Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in
this communication is strictly prohibited.