Could you please assist

Thanks + Regards
Bahadir

Re: spf record [ In reply to ]
2009/9/14 Bahadir Tonguc / Supramar <bahadir@supramar.com.tr>:
> Dear all,
>
> I use my ISP to send/receive emails (mail2.supramar.com.tr)    AND    also use my own mta to send emails only (mail.supramar.com.tr)
>
> When I send emails from ISP, there is no problem but when I send email from my own server, nearly all messages are rejected back due to spf policy.
>
> I need to set my ISP to authorize my own server to send emails as well.
>
> I suppose when I send email from my server, the recipient's server checks the origin and sees my ISP's settings where my server (mail.supramar.com.tr) should clearly be authorized.

The domain you're emailing from (supramar.com.tr) has the following SPF record:

v=spf1 ip4:85.159.66.0/24 -all

This authorizes any host from 85.159.66.0 to 85.159.66.255.

mail.supramar.com.tr has the IP address 78.189.48.8, which obviously
falls outside that range.

Try "v=spf1 ip4:85.159.66.12 ip4:78.189.48.8 -all" as that covers
both the servers you mention.

I note that you've given mail.supramar.com.tr an SPF record:

v=spf1 ip4:78.189.48.8 a ptr mx:mail.supramar.com.tr ~all

Instead try "v=spf1 ip4:78.189.48.8 -all" which is more accurate (as
after all it's only mail.supramar.com.tr that should claim to be
mail.supramar.com.tr).

--
Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor
doesn't become a monster. Friedrich Nietzsche

Re: spf record [ In reply to ]
Rob / Bahadir

Thanks indeed. I have modified TXT record for mail.supramar.com.tr and it
seems like working properly now. Would appreciate if you may re-check
sometime just to make sure all in order now..

Regards

Re: spf record [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 22:42, Chartering / Supramar
<chartering@supramar.com.tr> wrote:
> Rob / Bahadir
>
> Thanks indeed. I have modified TXT record for mail.supramar.com.tr and it
> seems like working properly now. Would appreciate if you may re-check
> sometime just to make sure all in order now..

You haven't however changed the record for supramar.com.tr and until
you do you will continue to have problems.

RE: spf record [ In reply to ]
Chartering / Supramar wrote on Mon, Sep 14 2009 at 4:42 pm:

> Would appreciate if you may re-check
> sometime just to make sure all in order now..

There are also self-testing tools at:

http://www.openspf.org/Tools

-----
SPF FAQ: http://www.openspf.org/FAQ
Common mistakes: http://www.openspf.org/FAQ/Common_mistakes

- Steve Yates
- ITS, Inc.
- There are times when no snide comment seems adequate. - Dogbert

~ Taglines by Taglinator: www.srtware.com ~

Re: spf record [ In reply to ]
Rob good morning,

It seems we still have some problems.. Nearly all recipients rejected my message saying :

<chartering@banmarine.com>: Host or domain name not found. Name service error
for name=banmarine.com type=A: Host not found

<chartering@boreaslogistics.com>: Host or domain name not found. Name service
error for name=boreaslogistics.com type=A: Host not found

Anything can be done? I am quite pissed off with this matter

Re: spf record [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 07:46, Bahadir Tonguc / Supramar
<bahadir@supramar.com.tr> wrote:
> Rob good morning,
>
> It seems we still have some problems.. Nearly all recipients rejected my message saying :
>
> <chartering@banmarine.com>: Host or domain name not found. Name service error
>    for name=banmarine.com type=A: Host not found
>
> <chartering@boreaslogistics.com>: Host or domain name not found. Name service
>    error for name=boreaslogistics.com type=A: Host not found
>
> Anything can be done? I am quite pissed off with this matter

From what domain are you sending these messages? I can see no problem
with the SPF record for supramar.com.tr (except for the fact that
you're still authorizing 255 hosts you don't have to). It would help
if you provided the entire bounce/NDR rather than just the snippet you
think matters.

Re: spf record [ In reply to ]
Rob hello!

I am sending mass mails from : mail.supramar.com.tr (My own MTA)
I need to authorize 255 host I suppose, since the ISP has this or similar IP block.. It was set by them though..

I is quite upsetting that I still get below errors when I send from mail.supramar.com.tr
Why it still says "we do not relay" ?? Is that a problem with the recipient part ? All my settings seem working now I guess..