Hello,

I do not know is there any move
in the code base towards supporting RFC 7208?

Attached a simple patch which contains
partial move to support that new RFC:
the usage of SPF DNS type query is disabled.

Best,
Attila
Re: Support for rfc 7208 [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, October 08, 2014 14:25:41 Bruncsak, Attila via spf-devel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do not know is there any move
> in the code base towards supporting RFC 7208?
>
> Attached a simple patch which contains
> partial move to support that new RFC:
> the usage of SPF DNS type query is disabled.

The patch isn't really correct.

With the patch, it'll do two loops, trying ns_t_txt both times. A patch is
possible which removes the retry label and the rr_type local. It would also
be good to get rid of the gotos and the related apology.

I checked with the main upstream developer and he is open to accepting such a
patch.

Scott K

Re: Support for rfc 7208 [ In reply to ]
Scott Kitterman via spf-devel <spf-devel <at> listbox.com> writes:

> On Wednesday, October 08, 2014 14:25:41 Bruncsak, Attila via spf-devel
wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I do not know is there any move
> > in the code base towards supporting RFC 7208?
> >
> > Attached a simple patch which contains
> > partial move to support that new RFC:
> > the usage of SPF DNS type query is disabled.
>
> The patch isn't really correct.
>
> With the patch, it'll do two loops, trying ns_t_txt both times. A patch
is
> possible which removes the retry label and the rr_type local. It would
also
> be good to get rid of the gotos and the related apology.
>
> I checked with the main upstream developer and he is open to accepting
such a
> patch.
>
> Scott K

Has such a patch been submitted yet? If not, I'll make one. Where to send
it? rt.anarres.org is dead...

Re: Re: Support for rfc 7208 [ In reply to ]
On March 22, 2016 7:32:21 AM EDT, Boudewijn Dijkstra <boudewijn@indes.com> wrote:
>Scott Kitterman via spf-devel <spf-devel <at> listbox.com> writes:
>>
>> On Wednesday, October 08, 2014 14:25:41 Bruncsak, Attila via
>spf-devel
>wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I do not know is there any move
>> > in the code base towards supporting RFC 7208?
>> >
>> > Attached a simple patch which contains
>> > partial move to support that new RFC:
>> > the usage of SPF DNS type query is disabled.
>>
>> The patch isn't really correct.
>>
>> With the patch, it'll do two loops, trying ns_t_txt both times. A
>patch
>is
>> possible which removes the retry label and the rr_type local. It
>would
>also
>> be good to get rid of the gotos and the related apology.
>>
>> I checked with the main upstream developer and he is open to
>accepting
>such a
>> patch.
>>
>> Scott K
>
>Has such a patch been submitted yet? If not, I'll make one. Where to
>send
>it? rt.anarres.org is dead...

I'd send a pull request to https://github.com/shevek/libspf2

Scott K