Mailing List Archive

libspf2-1.2.10 is bundled with malformed configure script
Hi list,

I hope this is an appropriate place to report issues with libspf2.
I am writing here because bug and issue tracker at rt.anarres.org that
is announced on the libspf2 site is not available.

I just tried to build libspf2-1.2.10 and faced the following warning:

cd libspf2-1.2.10
+ ./configure --prefix=/usr
checking for gawk... gawk
./configure: line 3001: AX_WITH_PERL: command not found

[rest of the log is skipped]

Looks like the definition of an AX_WITH_PERL macro wasn't available on
the machine where the tarball was generated.

I checked the configure script from the tarball for version 1.2.9 and
it has this macro substituted. So the problem appeared in 1.2.10.

Quick googling led me to this message:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/gnu.announce/Fvf8NRlx86Q

It says among other

> The obsolete macros AX_CFLAGS_WARN_ALL_ANSI, AX_C_IFDEF,
> AX_C_PRINTF_THSEP, AX_GCC_OPTION, AX_WITH_GUILE, AX_WITH_PERL,
> AX_WITH_PYTHON, and AX_WITH_RUBY have been deleted.

So autoconf environment seems changed since time version 1.2.9
was released and configure.ac needs to updated somehow.

Hope this helps.

--
Vitaly Sinilin <vs@kp4.ru>

Re: libspf2-1.2.10 is bundled with malformed configure script [ In reply to ]
On Saturday, October 04, 2014 12:09:35 Vitaly Sinilin via spf-devel wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I hope this is an appropriate place to report issues with libspf2.
> I am writing here because bug and issue tracker at rt.anarres.org that
> is announced on the libspf2 site is not available.
>
> I just tried to build libspf2-1.2.10 and faced the following warning:
>
> cd libspf2-1.2.10
> + ./configure --prefix=/usr
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
> checking for gawk... gawk
> ./configure: line 3001: AX_WITH_PERL: command not found
>
> [rest of the log is skipped]
>
> Looks like the definition of an AX_WITH_PERL macro wasn't available on
> the machine where the tarball was generated.
>
> I checked the configure script from the tarball for version 1.2.9 and
> it has this macro substituted. So the problem appeared in 1.2.10.
>
> Quick googling led me to this message:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/gnu.announce/Fvf8NRlx86Q
>
> It says among other
>
> > The obsolete macros AX_CFLAGS_WARN_ALL_ANSI, AX_C_IFDEF,
> > AX_C_PRINTF_THSEP, AX_GCC_OPTION, AX_WITH_GUILE, AX_WITH_PERL,
> > AX_WITH_PYTHON, and AX_WITH_RUBY have been deleted.
>
> So autoconf environment seems changed since time version 1.2.9
> was released and configure.ac needs to updated somehow.
>
> Hope this helps.

You need to autoreconf.

http://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.69/html_node/autoreconf-Invocation.html

Scott K