Mailing List Archive

I need a reliable domain that publishes an SPF-type record for testing purposes
I'm currently addressing this PHP bug (https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=54821) which notes that PHP lacks support for the RFC4408 SPF DNS record type. As part of that I need to create a reliable test case that looks up a domain with an SPF-type record - I was a bit surprised to find that openspf.org does not, despite it being a best practice and listed in the FAQ on the site! The domain does have a TXT SPF (which is simply "v=spf1 -all", so I guess you don't send any mail from there). Can anyone either suggest an appropriate alternate domain for this usage (reliability being the main concern so as not to break tests), or add an SPF-type record to openspf.org?

Thanks,

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Technical Director, Synchromedia Limited

Creators of http://www.smartmessages.net/
UK 1CRM solutions http://www.syniah.com/
marcus@synchromedia.co.uk | http://www.synchromedia.co.uk/

Re: I need a reliable domain that publishes an SPF-type record for testing purposes [ In reply to ]
On 20 Jan 2014, at 11:20, Craig Whitmore <lennon@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> See: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-21

Ah, ok, thanks. I'll scrap it then!

Marcus

Re: I need a reliable domain that publishes an SPF-type record for testing purposes [ In reply to ]

Re: I need a reliable domain that publishes an SPF-type record for testing purposes [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 10:51:52AM +0100, Marcus Bointon wrote:
> I'm currently addressing this PHP bug
> (https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=54821) which notes that PHP lacks support
> for the RFC4408 SPF DNS record type. As part of that I need to create a
> reliable test case that looks up a domain with an SPF-type record - I was
> a bit surprised to find that openspf.org does not, despite it being a best
> practice and listed in the FAQ on the site! The domain does have a TXT SPF
> (which is simply "v=spf1 -all", so I guess you don't send any mail from
> there). Can anyone either suggest an appropriate alternate domain for this
> usage (reliability being the main concern so as not to break tests), or
> add an SPF-type record to openspf.org?

freebsd.org has had one for a long while. IIRC, it's what I used to test my
asynchronous DNS and SPF resolver several years ago.