Mailing List Archive

Bind Zone Data
Is there a DNS server up somewhere that can provide answers according to the
regression suite zone data? (Perhaps this isn't feasible because of the way
the test suite reuses example.com sub-domains; I haven't looked closely
enough.)

Short of that, does anybody have any scripts to generate BIND zone files
from the test suite?

I just got an asynchronous SPF resolver in passably working order, and want
to use the test suite to round out the corners, but bootstrapping an
environment according to the test suite is going to be almost as much work!

My resolver can be found here:

http://www.25thandclement.com/~william/projects/dns.c.html

(Use Git; the utility/regression code in the tarball was fixed over the
weekend.)

Re: Bind Zone Data [ In reply to ]
William Ahern wrote:
> Is there a DNS server up somewhere that can provide answers according to the
> regression suite zone data? (Perhaps this isn't feasible because of the way
> the test suite reuses example.com sub-domains; I haven't looked closely
> enough.)

If memory serves, that's not the case indeed. What I have done is to
run a quick&dirty DNS server that answers queries based on the test
suite's scenarios. You need the ability to configure the DNS address
for the program under test.

> Short of that, does anybody have any scripts to generate BIND zone files
> from the test suite?

I wrote a C file to test Courier-MTA's implementation. You can find
that file in http://www.ext.tana.it/courier-spf-test-suite.c and its
output in
http://www.mail-archive.com/courier-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg33232.html

The C file probably won't compile at yours, as it needs some courier
libs. However, you may be able to reuse some functions/ideas, such as,
e.g.

ip addr add 127.0.0.2/8 dev lo broadcast + scope host

I hadn't tested IPv6.

Good luck!