  • From: Michael Breuer <mbreuer@majjas.com>
  • To: spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
  • Subject: Issues building on Fedora 8...
  • Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:31:20 -0400

Ok, maybe I'm brain dead... just tried installing libspf2 1.2.5 and
spfmilter 1.0.8 on a Fedora 8 machine.

libspf2 builds and installs OK.

When I try to build and install spfmilter, the configure fails on an
undefined reference to SPF_destroy_config.

The following issues seem to be in libspf2:

1. missing includes for <netinet/ip.h> and <netinet/ip6.h>:
/usr/include/spf2/spf_request.h:29: error: field 'ipv4' has incomplete type
/usr/include/spf2/spf_request.h:30: error: field 'ipv6' has incomplete type

2. /usr/include/spf2/spf_server.h:23:30: error: spf_dns_internal.h: No
Such file or directory

Fixed by removing inclusion of spf_dns_internal.h from spf_server.h

When I correct those errors, I then get (again, spfmilter configure
step)... from config.log:
spfmilter-1.0.8/conftest.c:57: undefined reference to SPF_destroy_config

When I tried digging further, I noted that the definition of
SPF_config_t was missing.

Still digging, but perhaps someone already has a fix?

Sender Policy Framework: http://www.openspf.org"]http://www.openspf.org
Re: Problem compiling spfmilter [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, DL - Joshue Martin wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have the same problem, but in a Slakware v11 distribution, any solution?
>
> Thanks.
>
> o From: Michael Breuer <mbreuer@majjas.com>
> o To: spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
> o Subject: Issues building on Fedora 8...
> o Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:31:20 -0400
>
> Ok, maybe I'm brain dead... just tried installing libspf2 1.2.5 and
> spfmilter 1.0.8 on a Fedora 8 machine.
>
> libspf2 builds and installs OK.
>
> When I try to build and install spfmilter, the configure fails on an

Although there's nothing remotely official about it, I'm effectively
the maintainer of spfmilter now.

There's some history behind spfmilter 1.0.8 (it happened years ago,
before I became involved... :) but basically you should not be using
that version - it won't work with the latest spf libraries.

My suggestion would be to use spfmilter 0.98-gwh with libspf2-1.2.9,
which is what I've been using on a couple of not especially busy mail
servers since about November 2008. Nobody else uses it yet, so YMMV,
but if you want to give it a try please let me know and I'll put the
tarball someplace you can grab it.

The changes to spfmilter between 0.9.7 and 0.9.8-gwh are just what I
needed to do to get the milter to use the latest library at the time.
I'd be pleased to have some feedback. There are quite a few debugging
statements in the code that could be removed, but they log via syslog
with debug priority so you aren't obliged to see the output.

--

73,
Ged.

Re: Problem compiling spfmilter [ In reply to ]
At 15:16 04/08/2009, you wrote:
Hi there,

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, DL - Joshue Martin wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have the same problem, but in a Slakware v11 distribution, any solution?
>
> Thanks.
>
> o From: Michael Breuer <mbreuer@majjas.com>
> o To: spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
> o Subject: Issues building on Fedora 8...
> o Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:31:20 -0400
>
> Ok, maybe I'm brain dead... just tried installing libspf2 1.2.5 and
> spfmilter 1.0.8 on a Fedora 8 machine.
>
> libspf2 builds and installs OK.
>
> When I try to build and install spfmilter, the configure fails on an

Although there's nothing remotely official about it, I'm effectively
the maintainer of spfmilter now.

There's some history behind spfmilter 1.0.8 (it happened years ago,
before I became involved... :) but basically you should not be using
that version - it won't work with the latest spf libraries.

My suggestion would be to use spfmilter 0.98-gwh with libspf2-1.2.9,
which is what I've been using on a couple of not especially busy mail
servers since about November 2008. Nobody else uses it yet, so YMMV,
but if you want to give it a try please let me know and I'll put the
tarball someplace you can grab it.

OK, I'm interested on it, can you send me the address for downloading it?

Thanks.

The changes to spfmilter between 0.9.7 and 0.9.8-gwh are just what I
needed to do to get the milter to use the latest library at the time.
I'd be pleased to have some feedback. There are quite a few debugging
statements in the code that could be removed, but they log via syslog
with debug priority so you aren't obliged to see the output.

--

73,
Ged.

Joshué Martín
Departamento de Sistemas - jmartin@ticnova.es

Pol. Ind. Mas Batlle. C/ Ignasi Iglesies 161
43206 REUS (Tarragona)
Tel. +34 977 309 100 - Fax. +34 977 312 706

http://www.ticnova.es/"]www.ticnova.es

Sender Policy Framework: http://www.openspf.org"]http://www.openspf.org
Re: Problem compiling spfmilter [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

http://www.jubileegroup.co.uk/JOS/misc/spfmilter-0.98-gwh.tgz

--

73,