Mailing List Archive

Problem with scripts in python-postfix-policyd-spf
Hi,

With the latest openSUSE 11.0 and newer they use rpmlint and require that
all script have a shabang in them. That is

#! /usr/bin/python

python-policyd-spf.noarch: W: script-without-shebang
/usr/lib/policyd-spf/policydspfsupp.py
python-policyd-spf.noarch: W: script-without-shebang
/etc/cron.d/policyd-spf

This text file has executable bits set or is located in a path dedicated
for executables, but lacks a shebang and cannot thus be executed. If the
file is meant to be an executable script, add the shebang, otherwise
remove the executable bits or move the file elsewhere.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>

Re: Problem with scripts in python-postfix-policyd-spf [ In reply to ]
On Friday 15 August 2008 12:30, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With the latest openSUSE 11.0 and newer they use rpmlint and require that
> all script have a shabang in them. That is
>
> #! /usr/bin/python
>
> python-policyd-spf.noarch: W: script-without-shebang
> /usr/lib/policyd-spf/policydspfsupp.py
> python-policyd-spf.noarch: W: script-without-shebang
> /etc/cron.d/policyd-spf
>
> This text file has executable bits set or is located in a path dedicated
> for executables, but lacks a shebang and cannot thus be executed. If the
> file is meant to be an executable script, add the shebang, otherwise
> remove the executable bits or move the file elsewhere.

/etc/cron.d/policyd-spf should be removed. It does not appear in the upstream
tarballs any more.

policydspfsupp.py is a Python module and should not be executed directly. I'm
not sure where opensuse's policy suggests such things should go, but it does
not need to be executed directly.

Scott K

Re: Problem with scripts in python-postfix-policyd-spf [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Friday 15 August 2008 12:30, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> > With the latest openSUSE 11.0 and newer they use rpmlint and require that
> > all script have a shabang in them. That is
> >
> > #! /usr/bin/python
> >
> > python-policyd-spf.noarch: W: script-without-shebang
> > /usr/lib/policyd-spf/policydspfsupp.py
> > python-policyd-spf.noarch: W: script-without-shebang
> > /etc/cron.d/policyd-spf
> >
> > This text file has executable bits set or is located in a path dedicated
> > for executables, but lacks a shebang and cannot thus be executed. If the
> > file is meant to be an executable script, add the shebang, otherwise
> > remove the executable bits or move the file elsewhere.
> >
> /etc/cron.d/policyd-spf should be removed. It does not appear in the upstream
> tarballs any more.

Thanks removed.

> policydspfsupp.py is a Python module and should not be executed directly. I'm
> not sure where opensuse's policy suggests such things should go, but it does
> not need to be executed directly.

This is not openSUSE but rpmlint that is saying this. I now with the
removal of the cron stuff am below the threshold and the warning of
rpmlint is now not causing enough points to rpmlint to halt the build. I
think rpmlint is ok, but these instances show just how wrong it is. This
is used for fedora and RHEL as well. But I am now below all the
thresholds. So they all are build.

python-policyd-spf-0.7.1-30.1.noarch.rpm
python-policyd-spf-0.7.1-30.1.src.rpm

Are what to use. I am going to add them to server:mail in the BS now that
I am below the thresholds. I just received approval to put it there.

Just an update.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/gerberb/

with the Distro you want has them.

You can also get them in the main SUSE BS repo.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/mail/

and choose

[DIR] Parent Directory -
[DIR] SLE_10/ 15-Aug-2008 22:34 -
[DIR] SUSE_SLES-9/ 15-Aug-2008 22:34 -
[DIR] openSUSE_10.2/ 15-Aug-2008 22:36 -
[DIR] openSUSE_10.2_Update/ 15-Aug-2008 22:35 -
[DIR] openSUSE_10.3/ 15-Aug-2008 22:35 -
[DIR] openSUSE_10.3_Update/ 15-Aug-2008 22:35 -
[DIR] openSUSE_11.0/ 15-Aug-2008 22:35 -
[DIR] openSUSE_Factory/ 15-Aug-2008 22:35 -

Good Luck,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>