Mailing List Archive

InterPC.SPF 1.2
Hi,

Here are last changes made in the library :

- Integrates Alphons van der Heijden .NET resolver to execute DNS queries.
So windows api is not used anymore and Dns lookup is fully managed code.

- Consists now in a one file dll assembly. (InterPC.DnsLookup not needed
anymore)

- Dns lookup accepts all ascii chars.

Scott, bmsi.com does not have an SPF RR type record. SPF is contained in a
TXT (16) record. (verified in http://www.kitterman.com/getspf.py).

There is still a point for wich I am not sure. It is about the HELO
question. In the RFC there is :

<domain> - the domain portion of the "MAIL FROM" or "HELO" identity.

So if we check HELO smtp.myserver.com, the domain to check is it
'myserver.com' or 'smtp.myserver.com'. Because in the test 'mx-empty'
(example), the mailfrom is empty so, for the test to pass, the helo
parameter mail.example.com must be checked (example.com has no zone data).

(Hope I am clear enough, does somebody speak French ? ;-))

Re: InterPC.SPF 1.2 [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 01 July 2008 07:08, Eddy Minet wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Here are last changes made in the library :
>

> - Integrates Alphons van der Heijden .NET resolver to execute DNS queries.
> So windows api is not used anymore and Dns lookup is fully managed code.
>
> - Consists now in a one file dll assembly. (InterPC.DnsLookup not needed
> anymore)
>
> - Dns lookup accepts all ascii chars.
>

> Scott, bmsi.com does not have an SPF RR type record. SPF is contained in a
> TXT (16) record. (verified in http://www.kitterman.com/getspf.py).

It has both:

SPF records are primarily published in DNS as TXT records. The TXT records
found for your domain are:

v=spf1 ip4:24.248.44.156 a mx -all

SPF records should also be published in DNS as type SPF records. This is new
and most implementations do not support it yet.
Type SPF records found for the domain are:

v=spf1 ip4:24.248.44.156 a mx -all

Checking to see if there is a valid SPF record.

Found v=spf1 record for bmsi.com
v=spf1 ip4:24.248.44.156 a mx -all

> There is still a point for wich I am not sure. It is about the HELO
> question. In the RFC there is :
>

> <domain> - the domain portion of the "MAIL FROM" or "HELO" identity.
>

> So if we check HELO smtp.myserver.com, the domain to check is it
> 'myserver.com' or 'smtp.myserver.com'. Because in the test 'mx-empty'
> (example), the mailfrom is empty so, for the test to pass, the helo
> parameter mail.example.com must be checked (example.com has no zone data).

smtp.myserver.com

> (Hope I am clear enough, does somebody speak French ? ;-))

Not in 20 years. I guarantee you your English is much better than my French.

Scott K

RE: InterPC.SPF 1.2 [ In reply to ]
> It has both:

> SPF records are primarily published in DNS as TXT records. The TXT records
> found for your domain are:
> v=spf1 ip4:24.248.44.156 a mx -all
> SPF records should also be published in DNS as type SPF records. This is new
> and most implementations do not support it yet.
> Type SPF records found for the domain are:
> v=spf1 ip4:24.248.44.156 a mx -all
> Checking to see if there is a valid SPF record.
> Found v=spf1 record for bmsi.com
> v=spf1 ip4:24.248.44.156 a mx -all

That's ok now ... probably a dns cache problem. It works now ...