Mailing List Archive

Where's that test suite? (was: Re: Re: Quoted pairs in the test suite)
Frank Ellermann wrote on Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:52:09 +0200:
> I don't see why MTAs should suddenly start to be smart. They
> get an address with a <quoted-string> as local part, and they
> pass this on to SPF with a clear directive "now do your magic,
> I want PASS or FAIL, a.s.a.p.".
>
> MTAs have no reason to figure an odd "semantical content" out,
> that's hardcore standardista stuff, not practical programming.

However, an MTA has to lookup recipients. The semantical content seems
a good candidate for queries. A normalizing function would be handy in
case that kind of addresses ever takes root.

> SPF has to do this - something above checkhost() is fine [...]

Agreed. Correspondingly, it is the account lookup plugin that might
require similar processing, rather than the MTA software proper. That
way there's no risk to do it twice.

Is there a repository where one can browse for a C function and/or the
test suite that you've been discussing about? Any pointer?

TIA

Re: Where's that test suite? (was: Re: Re: Quoted pairs in the test suite) [ In reply to ]
On Friday 25 April 2008 11:47, Alessandro Vesely wrote:

> Is there a repository where one can browse for a C function and/or the
> test suite that you've been discussing about? Any pointer?

http://www.openspf.org/Test_Suite

Scott K

Re: Where's that test suite? [ In reply to ]
Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Friday 25 April 2008 11:47, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
>
>> Is there a repository where one can browse for a C function and/or the
>> test suite that you've been discussing about? Any pointer?
>>
> http://www.openspf.org/Test_Suite

Hm.. I thought I could use it outside of spf testing and I was wrong.

Nice suite, anyway.

Thanks