Mailing List Archive

yml based standalone dnsserver for testing purpose
Dear spf developers,

while developing jSPF we wrote a "mock" dnsserver that is able to
resolve a zone based on the content of openspf testsuite yml files.

Currently it is part of our tests and will *not* be included in the next
release (0.9.5) of our jspf library (as test code is not part of the
binary distribution and we don't distribute binaries of our testcase),
but we may consider making it an optional download if non-jspf people
find it useful, too.

You can find a snapshot build of the tool here:
http://people.apache.org/~bago/jspf/
Please note that this is a test build, not intended for
redistributability, just for an interim test and evaluation.

You just need to download jspf-0.9.5-SNAPSHOT-uberjar.jar and then run
this using something similar:

java -cp jspf-0.9.5-SNAPSHOT-uberjar.jar
org.apache.james.jspf.dnsserver.DNSTestingServerLauncher
-t "Selecting records"
-f path/to/your/rfc4408-tests.yml

(everything in a single line, you can also change the port with -p,
default to 53, and the listening ip with -i, defaults to 0.0.0.0)

This command will read the rfc4408-tests.yml, will skip to the
"Selecting records" section and will start answering using the zone
defined for that test.

If the options passed are correct it will start listening until killed.

Let me know if there is interest in this and if you have feature suggestion.

Stefano