Mailing List Archive

Mail::SPF 2.005

Mail::SPF 2.005, a medium update, has been released:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Mail-SPF-v2.005/

Debian packages (not yet part of the Debian archive):
http://files.mehnle.net/software/mail-spf-perl/debian/

Changes:

# Legend:
# --- = A new release
# + = Added a feature (in a backwards compatible way)
# ! = Changed something significant, or removed a feature
# * = Fixed a bug, or made a minor improvement

- --- 2.005 (2007-05-30 23:00)

Mail::SPF:
+ Added a "max_void_dns_lookups" option to Mail::SPF::Server's constructor,
allowing the number of potentially abusive lookups induced by DoS attacks
to be limited. See the documentation of the Mail::SPF::Server class.
+ Added a "precedence" class property to Mail::SPF::GlobalMod and sub-classes
that defines the order in which global modifiers are to be processed
(0: first, 1: last). See Mail::SPF::Mod.
Mail::SPF::Mod::Exp has precedence 0.2, Mail::SPF::Mod::Redirect has 0.8.
Also, Mail::SPF::Record::global_mods() now returns modifiers ordered by
precedence.
+ Added support for a non-standard %{_scope} pseudo macro that expands to the
request's identity scope. Note: Do NOT use any such non-standard macros in
explanation strings published in DNS!
! Mail::SPF::Util::valid_domain_for_ip_address() now requires a Mail::SPF::
Request object to be passed as a new second argument. This is actually
consistent with many of Mail::SPF's methods. Please excuse the late API
change (but who uses Mail::SPF::Util directly anyway?).
* Updated default authority explanation string to include identity scope in
the openspf.org "Why?" page URL in order to avoid misleading result
explanations.
* Truncate labels resulting from macro expansions to 63 bytes. This is not
strictly required by RFC 4408, 8.1/27, but is merely meant as a precaution.
* Minor documentation fixes and improvements.

Miscellaneous:
* We pass (and include) the 2007.05 release of the official RFC 4408 test
suite (no changes were required).
! Build-require Module::Build >= 0.2805 (was: >= 0.26), hopefully fixing a
version.pm/CPAN.pm compatibility issue (closes: rt.cpan.org #26784).
(Debian packaging is not affected because it does not rely on META.yml.)

Debian:
* Conflicts: spfquery (<< 1.2.5.dfsg-1) (was unversioned)

For changes in previous versions, see:
http://search.cpan.org/src/JMEHNLE/Mail-SPF-v2.005/CHANGES

Re: Mail::SPF 2.005 [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 30 May 2007 20:47, Julian Mehnle wrote:
> Mail::SPF 2.005, a medium update, has been released:
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Mail-SPF-v2.005/
>
> Debian packages (not yet part of the Debian archive):
> http://files.mehnle.net/software/mail-spf-perl/debian/

I've updated the Ubuntu package for 2.005 for the next release.

Scott K