Mailing List Archive

From debian-devel: ITA/RFS: libspf2 ...
retitle 372629 ITA: libspf2 -- Sender Policy Framework library, written in C
owner 372629 magnus@kibibyte.se
thanks

I have created a new version of libspf2 and intend to adopt it if I can find a
sponsor (and/or co-maintainer). It fixes (hopefully) all outstanding bugs
except one. 20_64bit_types.patch may need some testing. I hope that some DD
is interested enough in SPF to take the time, and that he or she will find
the package satisfactory.

The dsc, for download with e.g. dget, is at

ftp://ftp.kibibyte.se/debian/pool/main/libs/libspf2/libspf2_1.2.5.dfsg-1.dsc

libspf2 implements the Sender Policy Framework, a part of the SPF/SRS
protocol pair. libspf2 is a library which allows email systems such
as Sendmail, Postfix, Exim, Zmailer and MS Exchange to check SPF
records and make sure that the email is authorized by the domain name
that it is coming from. This prevents email forgery, commonly used by
spammers, scammers and email viruses/worms.

Homepage: http://www.libspf2.org/

License: GPL/BSD

Changelog entry:
* New maintainer (Closes: #372629).
* Repacked .orig.tar.gz without non-free (and obsolete) IETF Internet
Draft (Closes: #393390).
* Merge updates from Ubuntu:
- Add debian/compat and Build-depend on debhelper >= 5.
- Add alternatives handling for /usr/bin/spfquery (Closes: #306875).
- Conflict on libmail-spf-query-perl << 1:1.999.1-3.
- Add postinst and prerm scripts.
- debian/copyright: update author address.
- debian/control: add final newline.
* debian/control:
* Change description of spfquery (Closes: #410592).
* Add homepage to package descriptions.
* Reduce Debian diff by changing line endings with sed instead.
* Further reduce Debian diff by eliminating config.sub and config.guess
from there. Build-depend on autotools-dev to ensure up-to-date
versions instead.
* The autogenerated spf_lib_version.h was put in the wrong directory,
while there was a static spf_lib_version.h in the right directory.
Fix that with some rules in debian/rules.
* Use simple-patchsys.mk to manage patches.
* Apply 20_64bit_types.patch to hopefully prevent segfaults on 64-bit
architectures (Closes: #392793). Thanks to Thomas Jacob, Carsten
Koch-Mauthe and Herbert Straub.
* debian/watch: added.
* Update Standards-Version to 3.7.2 without changes.
* Apply 20_spf_dns_include_std_headers.patch: Include arpa/nameser.h and
netdb.h from spf_dns.h instead of defining the constants needed unless
certain HAVE_ macros are defined (Closes: #405885).

--
Magnus Holmgren holmgren@lysator.liu.se
(No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)

-------
Re: From debian-devel: ITA/RFS: libspf2 ... [ In reply to ]
Thats' great news.

In your changelog it does not look to me like you included the patch for RFC
compliant processing limits:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libspf2/+bug/92569

If you didn't, I'd appreciate it if you would include that so I can just synch
your version from Debian into Ubuntu rather than having to merge them. If
you need a bug in BTS, let me know and I'll file it.

Scott K

-------
Re: From debian-devel: ITA/RFS: libspf2 ... [ In reply to ]
On Friday 23 March 2007 20:59, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Thats' great news.
>
> In your changelog it does not look to me like you included the patch for
> RFC compliant processing limits:
>
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libspf2/+bug/92569
>
> If you didn't, I'd appreciate it if you would include that so I can just
> synch your version from Debian into Ubuntu rather than having to merge
> them. If you need a bug in BTS, let me know and I'll file it.

OK. No, I didn't, but I have included it now.